motorhome awning up in 2 mins.

hi lenny, takes 2 mins to erect thats great
but we didn't see how long it takes to
dismantle espacialy in the rain
I would recomend a fiamma wind out awning
20 seconds to wind out, or wind in if it rains.
no drying it out when you get home either,
and if your on a site where they charge
extra for an awning
its a sunshade
maybe there expensive but they're worth it

extra for an awning
its a sunshade
around £300 plus if you want a full awning extra for a privacy room and the inconvenience of not being able to drive away fors and againsts for either i suppose. and some sites still charge even if you use it as a 'sunshade' it all boils down to what you want to use it for and how you want to use it. we have just bought a secondhand drive away awning (free standing) only used three times for £150 looks like brand new so keep an eye on ebay it could be worth it in the end

extra for an awning
its a sunshade

Already got one fitted and its brill but its got no sides or front, I know you can get a zipped version , £400, privacy room.

around £300 plus if you want a full awning extra for a privacy room and the inconvenience of not being able to drive away fors and againsts for either i suppose. and some sites still charge even if you use it as a 'sunshade' it all boils down to what you want to use it for and how you want to use it. we have just bought a secondhand drive away awning (free standing) only used three times for £150 looks like brand new so keep an eye on ebay it could be worth it in the end

I used to own a driveaway awning but I've just sold my old van and the buyer came to collect it when I was'nt in and my better half (in her wisdom)agreed to give it to her for free because it was the perfect colour match:eek:.The buyer was over the moon.

P.S. I've still got the erection instructions:D:D:cool:

I had a free standing awning with the last van
but I found it too much of a hastle
I like the wind out cos Im a lazy git!
:D :D :D

We have a sun block that fits to our awning:cool:
It also will double to keep the rain, but it is not made for that purpose:eek:

I watched an old couple put up a Kiami (or what ever it's called) drive-away awning on a VW - it was a VERY quick erection! (More smut). It's the one where all the poles are on the outside.

We have a 3.5mtr awning and a homemade blocker/front, which is great, once you go down the privacy room route then it's a half day job to pack it all away so you can move the vehicle!!

Hi Nosha your the second one to mention blocker:confused: as well as *****,what do you mean by a blocker?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back