motor home sales

On a lighter note......................I've read many threads where favourite bands have been mentioned and I suspect a lot of members were accused by the older generation of being 'good for nothing' long haired hippies that smoked too much while listening to Dylan, tripped too much listening to Floyd and drunk too much listening to The Pistols etc and wouldn't know a hard days graft if it jumped up and slapped them 🤣

Points above have merit and have good discussion value but;

My step dad is 80, grafted hard and now regrets missing out on his kids childhood as he was out of the house before they were up and back when they were in bed. He worked half days on Saturdays so week after week while making other people money he saw his family growing up for a day and a half a week and as he admits spent too much of that time in the pub. There are thousands upon thousands of men/women over 70 who gave decades to a company and then got some crap recognition when leaving like a watch, although the savvy ones did also get a good pension.

Where I think the millennials/snowflake lazy reputation stems from is that they are prepared to work hard but during 'working hours' and that this is not lazy but rather a recognition that their Grandad ended up with f*** all other than the right to say he worked hard.........not much of a reward. The Grannys/Grandads that are sitting pretty often got lucky with buying property at the right time, especially those that took advantage of Mrs T's big sell off and also were in their money earning prime in the 80's boom, but also hard work has to be recognised

Do not confuse the above with me thinking that playing on your phone all day is an acceptable way to carry on. (although Mark Zuckerburg was born in 84 so this millennial must have done at least a little work to earn a billion....while still on his phone!)
Yep and look at the trouble he has been in,in court and out.

Points above have merit and have good discussion value but;

My step dad is 80, grafted hard and now regrets missing out on his kids childhood as he was out of the house before they were up and back when they were in bed. He worked half days on Saturdays so week after week while making other people money he saw his family growing up for a day and a half a week and as he admits spent too much of that time in the pub. There are thousands upon thousands of men/women over 70 who gave decades to a company and then got some crap recognition when leaving like a watch, although the savvy ones did also get a good pension.

Where I think the millennials/snowflake lazy reputation stems from is that they are prepared to work hard but during 'working hours' and that this is not lazy but rather a recognition that their Grandad ended up with f*** all other than the right to say he worked hard.........not much of a reward. The Grannys/Grandads that are sitting pretty often got lucky with buying property at the right time, especially those that took advantage of Mrs T's big sell off and also were in their money earning prime in the 80's boom, but also hard work has to be recognised

Do not confuse the above with me thinking that playing on your phone all day is an acceptable way to carry on. (although Mark Zuckerburg was born in 84 so this millennial must have done at least a little work to earn a billion....while still on his phone!)

Apart from the Billionaires who were born today into wealth the Mark Zuckerburgs of today are very few and were just clever (maybe)to think up something different i/e Facebook and is now an instant billionaire.Same as the one who thought of Twatter etc. Other young people some are wanting to succeed but will have a long uphill battle others will go with the flow and spend for today and Fcuk tomorrow.And some of us now in middle age i/e 50 up to 70s have worked very hard and saved very hard to have a few quid behind us.Its not how much you earn its what you do with it.Not trying to teach anyone to suck eggs but For example I/e earn £200 a week save £100 and not spend £180 keep out the pub dont buy daily McDonalds and insist on a Costa Coffee at an outrageous price for some liquid.Dont buy every new I phone on the latest contract but make do with present phone for a while longer.So unless you have a Mark Zuckerburg brain then give it your all and what will be will be.Some will make it (surely)and some will be happy with very little.

Take on a young apprentice to do the muscle work, great learning opportunity for them and you don't take decades of knowledge to the grave with you. Don't know your circumstances so might not be applicable in the slightest. Imagine at 17 yrs old someone saying 'you wanna learn about gas,electric, mechanic, joiner etc'........WHERE DO I SIGN!!!!

I've just been brought out of retirement to help my son build a Day van, he's now crashed out on the settee after a hard day watching me fit a side window.:)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back