motor home sales

molly 2

I looked on a motorhome sales web last night to find very few used stock with a large portion having reserved signs on them .I wonder what the delivery time is on a new one

• Sad
Reactions: REC
I looked on a motorhome sales web last night to find very few used stock with a large portion having reserved signs on them .I wonder what the delivery time is on a new one
probably a fair old time. A dealer I have spoken to are sending out 4 times the usual number.

A guy I spoke to said 3 months before he can collect his new van..

Not sure this is anything new. 2017 was the same. Long story cut short. Ordered new van couldn't supply after five months. Cancelled order. Deposit returned.

If i were younger i would start building to order,mine ran sweet as a nut to donegal today,new compressor fridge worked 100%.
fridge a.jpg
fridge b.jpg
fridge c.jpg
view point b.jpg

If i were younger i would start building to order,mine ran sweet as a nut to donegal today,new compressor fridge worked 100%.View attachment 85188View attachment 85189View attachment 85190View attachment 85191
Take on a young apprentice to do the muscle work, great learning opportunity for them and you don't take decades of knowledge to the grave with you. Don't know your circumstances so might not be applicable in the slightest. Imagine at 17 yrs old someone saying 'you wanna learn about gas,electric, mechanic, joiner etc'........WHERE DO I SIGN!!!!

One problem can be, once signed up, all they are interested is playing and looking at sheiite on their mobile phone. 🤬
How times have changed, when I was a young apprentice the training manager called me into the office for a dressing down, I was told to lay off the 'wine, women, and song', of cause I took no notice of him. 😜

One problem can be, once signed up, all they are interested is playing and looking at sheiite on their mobile phone. 🤬
I get where you coming from but the right girl/boy is out there......not all campers leave crap.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw but the present job opportunities for youngsters I wouldn't of missed that. Such a variety of skills to learn with a self build

Brother inlaw is 50 and thats what he does, utube all day long and he is a bus driver.

Think that in current situation unless you have cash it would be a big gamble to purchase a motorhome on credit so would imagine if situation gets worse there will be a lot of bargains around - for the lucky ones they are on guaranteed income ( pension ) for others poop hits the fan and a large purchase could end up costing a lot of money and or even their homes

I get where you coming from but the right girl/boy is out there......not all campers leave crap.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw but the present job opportunities for youngsters I wouldn't of missed that. Such a variety of skills to learn with a self build

Me too, imagine having a different van to go away in every weekend, all in the of R&D of course. :)

Me too, imagine having a different van to go away in every weekend, all in the of R&D of course. :)
I really savvy kid would buy a worn out tranny and use their weekends to try and make a few hundred quid using their new found skills. Probably asking a bit much there!!

The young dont dirty there hands any more but stand watching you work and fiddle with there mobile.
They also dont buy fixer up homes any longer but want turn key apartments all decorated,my brother has never lifted a paint brush in his life.

The young dont dirty there hands any more but stand watching you work and fiddle with there mobile.
They also dont buy fixer up homes any longer but want turn key apartments all decorated,my brother has never lifted a paint brush in his life.

And many want the state to pay for them

Points above have merit and have good discussion value but;

My step dad is 80, grafted hard and now regrets missing out on his kids childhood as he was out of the house before they were up and back when they were in bed. He worked half days on Saturdays so week after week while making other people money he saw his family growing up for a day and a half a week and as he admits spent too much of that time in the pub. There are thousands upon thousands of men/women over 70 who gave decades to a company and then got some crap recognition when leaving like a watch, although the savvy ones did also get a good pension.

Where I think the millennials/snowflake lazy reputation stems from is that they are prepared to work hard but during 'working hours' and that this is not lazy but rather a recognition that their Grandad ended up with f*** all other than the right to say he worked hard.........not much of a reward. The Grannys/Grandads that are sitting pretty often got lucky with buying property at the right time, especially those that took advantage of Mrs T's big sell off and also were in their money earning prime in the 80's boom, but also hard work has to be recognised

Do not confuse the above with me thinking that playing on your phone all day is an acceptable way to carry on. (although Mark Zuckerburg was born in 84 so this millennial must have done at least a little work to earn a billion....while still on his phone!)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back