motor home insurance

robert b

any one no where i can get a cheaper insurance . just got my renewal through from caravan guard its £ 254 for fully comp for a compass drifter 1.9 turbo diesel on a R plate.

just got a quote from adrian flux for 293 93fully comp . at the moment mines cheapest. got some more to get replies from yet .will keep you informed.

Try online quotes they are sometimes a lot cheaper as they give a discount for on line policys.Mines with Saga and i found i couldnt beat their price last year
Rob

Just wait for your renewal off SAGA! :eek: I was away when my renewal came through and it was too late to change. :eek: However I did try doing another online quote and it came back as SAGA again. :D £109-00 cheaper than my renewal! :rolleyes: I rang them straight away but they said that the online quote was a first time customer only deal! :eek: I am not going away next year, at renewal time, I will be shopping around! :D :D Now that 'Kwackers' runs on LPG, the money that I save on insurance will get us a bit further round the GB coastal route! :cool: JIM.

Motor home insurance

Where is your lpg tank you said you have lost some space inside the van hope the fuel duty doesn't increase now you have converted the van:(might look at lpg for the next van,Andy.

Hi Andy, after a lot of umming and aahing :confused::confused: we decided it was either a 70ltr cylinder, lengthwise in the boot under the bed, or a donut tank of 80ltr in the same place! We went for the donut, mainly for the extra range, but the neatness of not having any pipes or gauges to knock off in the boot gives us a lot of peace of mind! It is also well out of the way as we now don't need to keep going into the boot area. I have altered the bed slightly so that underneath is totally accessible form inside the van upto the tank. :D :D Tell you more later as I go on! :D:cool::cool: JIM.

Hi r a blenkinsop,

for me, Adrian Flux was the man to beat on quotes, I was with Safeguard and when the renewal popped through the door, he saved me a massive £284 ish, this is without european cover and breakdown, but I can live with that. Green Flag was £42. Cover was £296 for my 1year old Pioneer.

Happy Camping.:)

Be a bit careful with some of these people ie Frank Pickles. They "cherry pick" who they will insure and in the case of Motorhomes it is as a second vehicle

Saga by a mile this year, £218 including legal cover, and all the trimings of a good motorhome policy equal to Caravan Club cover but £100 cheaper, and if you want it ,"no extra charge for monthly payments", so it costs me £18.60 per month, and thats for a 2000 Swift Gazelle F63 2.8 TDI Fiat Ducato.
Ring Saga freephone no and ask for Cathy. No conection to me just a satisfied customer.
Tony

Just a tip, when they ask for the value never give a round figure, ie, don't say £20,000 say £19,999 , they never say but it can save £20 or so.

saga

ive just got a quote from saga and i have accepted it . its fully comp .no claims protected .£250 voluntary excess. all for £187 a yearand it includes wife as a second driver. dont think i will better that

Try online quotes they are sometimes a lot cheaper as they give a discount for on line policys.Mines with Saga and i found i couldnt beat their price last year
Rob

i used to have mine through saga quite good , but they would not cover me for commuting in the van so i went to a flux

Just wait for your renewal off SAGA! :eek: I was away when my renewal came through and it was too late to change. :eek: However I did try doing another online quote and it came back as SAGA again. :D £109-00 cheaper than my renewal! :rolleyes: I rang them straight away but they said that the online quote was a first time customer only deal! :eek: I am not going away next year, at renewal time, I will be shopping around! :D :D Now that 'Kwackers' runs on LPG, the money that I save on insurance will get us a bit further round the GB coastal route! :cool: JIM.
I had to cancel the existing renewal from saga and do a new one on line saved myself £50 but i dont suppose saga would recommend this as the way to go.
Rob

this subject comes up time and time again and the answers can be found under various posts
may be its time for a section to cover recomended supliers !
for insurance companys /repairers/dealers/all of corse recomended by members
what dose admin think? has he the time to do this
or is there already a section for this type of question and we are not using it correctly?
i recomend again :
http://www.lifesure.co.uk/motorcaravan.php

I had to cancel the existing renewal from saga and do a new one on line saved myself £50 but i dont suppose saga would recommend this as the way to go.
Rob

They wouldn't let me do this and flatly refused to discuss it further!! :eek: So......2009.......find another insurer!!! :D :D :D :cool: :D :D :D JIM.

They wouldn't let me do this and flatly refused to discuss it further!! :eek: So......2009.......find another insurer!!! :D :D :D :cool: :D :D :D JIM.

best bet is vote with your feet and let them know why you are doing so .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back