Moto thurrock (robbing b*****d)

dogmanlpool

HELLO TO EVERYONE :)
just got back from a little trip down south were had a lovly time but all good things must come to an end ?????? had to be brought home on a recovery wagon ( GREEN FLAG ) brilliant :D? my fuel pump had gone ???? anyway on return back home i had a letter ????? it was from the service station above ?? an £80 fine for stopping at the service station ?:eek::eek: were i had bought number of items i think about £20 i spent there ? what a cheeck these people want to take a leaf out of the the frenchs book and look what they do for motorhomers ? the reason i stopped was realy knackered and it was dangerous for me to carry on ??? isnt that what service stations are for ? they are always telling you TIRED TAKE A BREAK ? and there wer a load of travellers next to me did they get a fine ?
WHAT IS THIS COUNTRY COMING TO ?
THANKS K:mad:

SO LETS ALL BOYCOTE MOTO THURROCK M25 ????????

Sorry to hear abou that rotten bit of news!

we have all done it!

I wonder if there is any way of tackling there fine or is it a no chance thing.

Afterall, you did spend money there.

But Im sure its just another money making scam.

My wife was recently fined for rushing to the hospital with our little one and parking just outside the yellow box - in a panic!

Thats Walsgrave Hospital for you!

Craig

defo guna not pay it ? will fight it all the way hahaha ? hopfully will get it over turned ? i will just go on at them about french (aires) there great av fell in love with them ? these people who own the service stations shud think hard about what they are doin scaring people away instead of atracting people even the price of fuel just SCAMMERS THEY ARE ???? thanks for the reply k

We live in France, and enjoy the freedom with the M/H. Here you are not only encouraged to take a brake, but there are also lots of Aires for all.
When we visit the UK we take an enjoyable 4 days to travel the 630 kilometers across France to Calais.
Then on arriving in Dover the remainder of the trip has to be done in one trip. The biggest Joke are the sighns saying Take a Break. WHERE!.

Ignore it. There have been many incidents of penalties being issued on Private land. They may try to take you to County court thats when you can respond. Keep your receipts inc the recovery one. Let them go to all the trouble and expense. They are trying to intimidate people with these penalty notes that look like official ones.
Some help from tis site
www.pepipoo.co.uk,

Last edited by a moderator:
Send some proof of the breakdown and say thats the reason you were there. I once broke down in north london, ended up with the car half on the pavement half in a bus lane, a jobsworth got me. I posted a copy of the AA recovery document and a polite explination, never heard anymore.

Hi dogmanlpool,
bit of a rough time you have had, did you breakdown at this service area? or just stop for a rest?
Most areas allow 2hrs for a rest stop, but require you to pay at the till if you stop for longer or overnight. I have seen the attendants taking photo's of reg plates with mobiles, but don't know if the date and time is on the print, so you could challenge your length of stay.
Whatever you decide, good luck, £80 is a lot of dosh.

these people have this off to a fine art they love you not to pay:mad:they are in a win win situation,they will have proof and the amount due will only go up:eek:all our drivers at one time or another have thought they could pocket the £16 parking money but it always comes back to us and costs them a lot more:( .this is not a matter of ducks farting in church it is big big money to them,i have always been a chancer but i like the odds in my favor and i know service station is not the place to chance it,pull off the motorway theres lots of places near by:D

P.S AND DON'T BUY THEIR FUEL OR FOOD EITHER GREEDY BA$TARDS

lets all boycott these places lets face it they represent everything thats wrong with this country rip off prices poor quality bad service and an unwelcoming atmosphere i hope this reccesion sees the end of these places ,two quid for a cup of tea i can honestly say i will never be that thirsty,and a pasty that looks like ghandis flipflop nearly four quid

Last edited:
Yep

lets all boycott these places lets face it they represent everything thats wrong with this country rip off prices poor quality bad service and an unwelcoming atmosphere i hope this reccesion sees the end of these places ,two quid for a cup of tea i can honestly say i will never be that thirsty,and a pasty that looks like ghandis flipflop nearly four quid

Ear ere :mad:

I agree with Old Arthur they are taking the P*** , I go up and down the M6 and M40 almpost every week in my MH , I use their loos and the 2 hours for a cuppa or to cook a meal , but NEVER , NEVER buy fuel or anything else , even a pint of milk will cost you at least a £1 more than an ordinary shop.

Agree

I agree with Old Arthur they are taking the P*** , I go up and down the M6 and M40 almpost every week in my MH , I use their loos and the 2 hours for a cuppa or to cook a meal , but NEVER , NEVER buy fuel or anything else , even a pint of milk will cost you at least a £1 more than an ordinary shop.

I say ere ear to Peppers, but of course would not cut of me nose to spite me face and would and do use for toilet facilities, quick break etc but not to spend and certainly not for fuel :eek:
Chrissy

thanks to all the replys
AAND YES LETS JUST ALL BOYCOTE ?? HIT THEM WER IT HURTS THANKS:D

Can't even call these places Dick Turpins (Robbing B-----d), because at least he gave something back to the poor and needy.
I say pull in, rest a short while, brew up, eat your own, Pee upthe wall:D sorry ladies, sit and be merry:D then leave giving a clear sign, two fingers!

Happy Camping:)

Hey, leave the motorway services alone, Ive been a HGV driver for 23 years, Iv'e used nearly all the services in the UK, I think they are brill.....Sorry, dont know what came over me, the only thing they are any good for is a Sh#t and a newspaper.
Cheets, Pete.

Sorry, dont know what came over me, the only thing they are any good for is a Sh#t and a newspaper.
Cheets, Pete.

i wouldn't go so far as to include the latter:eek:....

unless they run out of bog paper...:confused:

regards;)
aj

btw... the sun is the best..:rolleyes:

I understand the rent and rates for these things are extortionate however they don't even tend to have anything that looks like it might be edible anyway.
All they want is that you come in spend £20+ per couple and bugger off sharpish.

Moto Thurrock

Hi Dogmanlpool, Sorry for this fine you have received. When i travel down to the channel ports, I usually stop at Moto thurrock,,, but NEVER again now. This is out of order, Regards Nig.

I fuel up at Moto whenever I can (truck with B.P. card). It costs a set price with a bunker card wherever you fill in the country so it doesn't cost the boss any more and I get a 50p voucher for every 50 litres. Soon adds up when you use 350l a day and that's all I spend in that place apart from a penny or two.Also use there showers for free. :p Robbing bar stewards but there's more than one way to skin a cat! :D

Hi Dogmanlpool, Sorry for this fine you have received. When i travel down to the channel ports, I usually stop at Moto thurrock,,, but NEVER again now. This is out of order, Regards Nig.

well thats 2 customers they have lost ?????? anymore takers ???

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back