Mot

You could get a pump to suck the oil out the dipstick tube, but it will take 20 to 30 mins ?

Someone once said somewhere recently, and I think they have a point, that the Mass Air Sensor and the AdBlu sensor (? is it after the DPF) should be cleaned at 'every service'. The point being that they work OK even when they are half covered in crud, but you never know when they are suddenly going to throw a hissy fit at The Computer That Must Be Obeyed.
I've only heard of that once, but it might be a good idea if the items are easy to get at. I wonder if a garage would do it included in the service? Not on your nelly.
As for oil and filter change I was shocked the first time I got a Ducato. First oil change from new: 35,000 miles. B***er that for a game of soldiers. But then if you are Amazon or DPD, you will do that in three months so they might have a point, specially as the sump holds several gallons. Personally I would go for 10,000 miles or a year - but what if you do 4000 miles in a year, is it worth spending £70 to drain clean oil and refill with new clean oil? The filter will still be as good as new, and they are huge in these commercial engines so they probably don't need changing every year or even every 10,000 miles.
These and other questions need to be pondered over a cold pint sitting outside watching the world go by. Or the pigeons, whichever you have in your garden.

Personally I would go for 10,000 miles or a year - but what if you do 4000 miles in a year, is it worth spending £70 to drain clean oil and refill with new clean oil? The filter will still be as good as new, and they are huge in these commercial engines so they probably don't need changing every year or even every 10,000 miles.
These and other questions need to be pondered over a cold pint sitting outside watching the world go by. Or the pigeons, whichever you have in your garden.
Personally I would go for once a year regardless of milage ,clean oil makes engines last longer especially modern High performance engines petrol or diesel.

Is the MoHo still under warranty?

FYI, a quick check shows Halfords / National Tyres are around the £150 mark for oil & filter change on a Boxer.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back