MOT result

antiquesam

Another year with a pass on my old Herald Templar. Nine years in a row with a pass. One advisory this year, unfortunately, the front and rear exhaust pipes are rusted and starting to leak. Never mind, another year of using the old girl.

Shirley keeps coming up trumps for me, 26 years old no advisorys mot bloke said " she is a peach" he gave me a resale price that was 4k more than I paid for her 5 years ago not that I'm selling in for the long haul.

I do think some mot stations seem a lot more stringent than others and unfortunately due to additional axle i am going to have to use a new to me mot station in january

I do think some mot stations seem a lot more stringent than others and unfortunately due to additional axle i am going to have to use a new to me mot station in january

Oh agreed, like £15 to adjust the headlights each year.

I have seen the mot tester apologizing to the manager that he could not find anything wrong to fail the mot test and he had to pass the car !

Definitely worth cultivating a relationship with your tester.
Including near family I've been taking 7 or 8 vehicles in for 10 years now!
He doesn't spend a lot of time on trivia (like looking for worn wiper blades!) but is thorough on what is important.
He knows I'll be fixing any problems myself so there's no additional money to be had!
If I have any concerns then he will spend extra time on them.

I use a small local garage that is used, and recommended, by everyone in the area with a reputation for honesty. The guy I use for derusting and spraying is always saying that he'll get my van MOT'd for me should it have a problem and I know he has certain days when he takes vehicles to particular MOT stations according to, presumably, who is working on those days, but why get a hooky one when you can have confidence in someone being honest. Thats not to say I don't come the old soldier with tales of poverty and that I won't be able to have a holiday when the old girl dies.

Definitely worth cultivating a relationship with your tester.
Including near family I've been taking 7 or 8 vehicles in for 10 years now!
He doesn't spend a lot of time on trivia (like looking for worn wiper blades!) but is thorough on what is important.
He knows I'll be fixing any problems myself so there's no additional money to be had!
If I have any concerns then he will spend extra time on them.
I do tend to use the same garage and the people know i will sort problems out and i sort the boys mot's out so i dont have too many probs getting an mot for a vehicle do know the guy by name and he knows me by name so he is very fair

I know my MOT tester and more importantly he has known me for a very long time :)

Been using them for many many years and he knows the motorhome really well (y)

If there`s something small that would normally instigate a fail he`ll let it go and pass it knowing full well it will get repaired / fixed as soon as i get home from the test centre which is only 1.7 miles away from my home.

I too get 'advisories' that require immediate attention - not many as I keep on top of my vehicles.
My tester knows from past experience that when I say I will do stuff that it gets done.
I always go in with most of the last month still to run - a habit formed before the electronic regime when paper was king😀

And the Templars his knights
On my door step.
patric.png
patric a.png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back