More advice plz!!!!

the motor looks ok and the description is fine the only thing i feel is a bit iffy is corrosion round the screen .depends how bad,as serious rot in this area is expensive to terminal also front scuttle something to be aware of the only reason i am slightly suspect of the older talbots is i bought one of ebay as a buy it now it looked ok but when i got it home the terrors of rot and filler :eek::eek:well i am a mechanic and body repairer by trade and it sorted me out:eek:. cost more in parts than what it was worth. ma bey i am a bit warey but another thing to watch out for is the sliding door under the slider on the body they rotted like mad as for the rain gutter well nuf said .sorry to put a downer on things but only letting you know what i found with mine .as i say at that sort of money you can expect to need to spend some more cash on getting it how you want , the best bet is look before you buy i learned that .and got my beddford cf from a local dealer cost a bit more than i could have got one of e bay but over the last 2 years i have spent very little on her please dont think i am being all doom and gloom but there are better alternatives than the old talbots out there .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mandrake thats what i need to hear really. I do have my doubts about that one especially the rust over the windscreen, and the thought of bits of my van dropping off every time I used the sliding door :eek:

I think I will pass on that one then.

Thanks again

I agree with Mandrake he is giving you sound advice.
I think if you don't know a lot about any kind of motor vehicles you need to get some one that knows to take a look for you otherwise you could be throwing your money away.;)

my rule of thumb is, rotten doors can be replaced any mechanical part can be replaced but the structure is more difficult. also on a panel van conversion any welding that may need to be done to the rear especially can include a extra expense of an interior strip out or at least a partial one i would prefer to buy something that structurally is sound but requiring some mechanical work

talbot

Hi there I do not know anything about the talbots
but found a forum on preloved under campervans.

might be worth having a look at it think there is about 80- 90 pages of posts
there has to be some good ones out there

Weez

Hi there I do not know anything about the talbots
but found a forum on preloved under campervans.

might be worth having a look at it think there is about 80- 90 pages of posts
there has to be some good ones out there

Weez

yes that is a good site for talbots (pity i did not see it before i got mine) good source of info

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back