moped rack

slonger

I am thinking about having a towbar and bike rack fitted to the rear of my motorhome to carry a 125cc moped does anybody have any experience in this? My motor home is a Autotrail Apache 700 2010 single axle, there is a long overhang at the back will I be overloaded?

Max. Front Axle Loading (kgs) 2100
Max. Rear Axle Loading (kgs) 2400
Max. Gross Weight (kgs) 4005

thanks Steve

Hi Steve,
I note you are in Bradford.
Sorry can't answer your question directly but I have dealt with Autowbars at Oakenshaw. They may be able to help with your calculations and supply a rack.
Ken

I am thinking about having a towbar and bike rack fitted to the rear of my motorhome to carry a 125cc moped does anybody have any experience in this? My motor home is a Autotrail Apache 700 2010 single axle, there is a long overhang at the back will I be overloaded?

Max. Front Axle Loading (kgs) 2100
Max. Rear Axle Loading (kgs) 2400
Max. Gross Weight (kgs) 4005

thanks Steve

mopeds are 49 cc and restricted to 33mph ,125 is a motorcycle to which you cannot ride on a car licence.

Do your CBT first, and unless you have a full bike licence, you can't carry a pillion.!

jt

thanks for the replies I do have a full bike licence so that wont be a problem. It looks like i will have to find a weighbridge and check the axle weights before i start :(

thanks for the replies I do have a full bike licence so that wont be a problem. It looks like i will have to find a weighbridge and check the axle weights before i start :(

I was about to suggest to weigh it first but you came to the conclusion yourself. You might be in for a surprise.
With the long overhang you will need a lighter scooter.
We had a nice Piaggo with large wheels but it was far too heavy. We now have a yamaha BWS 125 and that just 100kgs give or take.

My Chaly is only 70 kg which is the loading allowed on the push bike bike rack already fitted to the van. It hugs close to the back of the van. Easy to lift on the sideways rack as well. It will even take 2 people! Not sure I would want to lift a 100kg scooter on though!

Keith

Attachments

• Rack.JPG
    Rack.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 75

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back