Mood lights in autotrail

lilysadie

Free Member
Cbe dimmer switch

Hi,can anyone help. I used to own an Elddis motorhome, never again. However, one thing I did like was the dimmable lights. I found out the rocker switch was a CBE rocker type on/off switch. l now own an Autotrail Mohawk with rubbish 'mood lighting '. Half the lights were gone so I've replaced them with dimmable led's. However, try as I might I can't find a suitable dimmer switch to fit into the space. I bought one on line but it didn't work. That was a CBE rotary dimmer. Any info would be gratefully accepted.

Last edited:
Hi, these are not on the dim circuit .just want to change them as they are very dim but don't know how to get them out.

Inside the locker at the top are some screws. Remove these and the wooden strip across the top of the locker can be removed exposing a plastic channel containing the light strip. I removed this and replaced with LED strips giving brighter illumination.

did you get remote to change lighting levels...mine are good.

did you get remote to change lighting levels...mine are good.

These are not the lights that are dimmable using the remote. They are below the lockers. I believe the Op is referring to the lights at ceiling level above the lockers. The originals in my Dakota were rope lights and had started to fail.

mood lights

hi, mine too were rope lights failing ,just ordered some led strips and are hoping to fit them with a cbe dimmer in door panel over the door. hope this works .It says leds are dimmable but not too sure about cbe switch.

The lights above the lockers on my Autotrail were florescent tubes. Often refered to as 'cabin lighting'. I was never impressed with them, so I took them out, saving as much wire as poss, then simply connected the wires up to led strip (warm white).
The result was much better, with hardly any drain on the battery.

Aututrail

Good idea I've got more of that rope lighting all round over the cab don't know what to do if that goes faulty Does not look easy to get at. But looks good for now.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back