Mobile mechanic North Wales ?

sonic650

Free Member
Hi Wild campers,
I have a starting issue with my 2011 Fiat Ducato camper. Please can anyone recommend a reliable and trustworthy mobile mechanic with a knowledge of these vehicles who would cover the North Wales coast. I'm in Prestatyn.
Thanks in advance and compliments of the season to all.
Chris

had a problem with slight corrosion on large cable on starter cable needed re crimping onto a cleaner piece of cable is it just clicking as you try to crank it over??

The engine turns over on the starter and the battery is always on smart charger so in good condition. Almost sounds like starter disengages after a few turns but if you put it in gear the starter is still engaged. Engine not making any attempt to fire almost as if no fuel but tank half full ! (Optimist ha ha )

dont know about that one but let us know when you get it fixed please

Fuel problem, a we test is when cranking get someone to give a tiny squirt of easy start into the intake, if it fires its defo a fuel problem, cut of valve brain or leaking/damaged filter housing etc.

Starter engaged could be worn brushes causing bendix fault, non starting could be air mass sensor problem with ecu shutting down to protect engine from damage. Sensor issues can misdirect you away from the fault at hand.

The engine turns over on the starter and the battery is always on smart charger so in good condition. Almost sounds like starter disengages after a few turns but if you put it in gear the starter is still engaged. Engine not making any attempt to fire almost as if no fuel but tank half full ! (Optimist ha ha )
Could be the starter motor securing bolts loose???, this will missalign the gear to flywheel and cause poor earth contact, worth a look.

Serviced to schedule. Had been running perfectly. Parked up for a few weeks on a smart charger. Gremlins got in !

I appreciate all your ideas regarding possible faults but can anyone answer my initial question regarding a reputable mobile mechanic ?

what was the problem ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I didn't. Still in need of a trusty mobile mechanic. No faults showing on my OBD scanner. I have a mobile home that is no longer mobile. AKA a shed !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back