Mobile data access at home and away

Have been away - not in the van - so bumping up this thread as I've second thoughts on the MiFi and its suitability as a complete replacement for the house broadband. I'm going to give BT a call tomorrow as they are currently rinsing me £55 a month and the best "deal" they can supply when I log in is £52! No M&S vouchers for me.... Anyway, my fear is that if I commit to unlimited MiFi from three to use in the house and in the van when away it will be patchy. On our usual haunts along the West Coast I'd expect a reduced service but for the house Netflix / Prime, ISO downloads etc I can't afford to have it throttled after a month and burned my bridges with BT. Any experiences or advice appreciated. Why are BT so bloomin expensive! Jet-lagged and grumpy. :mad2:

What company Our line rental was more than that

Sky adsl unlimited broadband 18 month contract allowing for £100 tesco voucher card

£12.45 a month but you have to pay £10 postage.

Last edited:
Have been away - not in the van - so bumping up this thread as I've second thoughts on the MiFi and its suitability as a complete replacement for the house broadband. I'm going to give BT a call tomorrow as they are currently rinsing me £55 a month and the best "deal" they can supply when I log in is £52! No M&S vouchers for me.... Anyway, my fear is that if I commit to unlimited MiFi from three to use in the house and in the van when away it will be patchy. On our usual haunts along the West Coast I'd expect a reduced service but for the house Netflix / Prime, ISO downloads etc I can't afford to have it throttled after a month and burned my bridges with BT. Any experiences or advice appreciated. Why are BT so bloomin expensive! Jet-lagged and grumpy. :mad2:

do what i did change the land line and broadband to plusnet..... fraction of the price of bt..... plusnet is owned by EE, who in turn are owned by BT

I have been using Three mobile broadband for a number of years now. I ditched the landline due to cost.

For me it has worked well. I'm now on a SIM only contract at £20 per month with unlimited everything. No throttling ...

It is but a question of time before landlines become obsolete.

I ditched our landline years ago but we are light users anyway and the only landline calls were either from 'Microsoft' :p or about PPI.

My only problem now is when we are away on a trip, my security camera has no wifi to send us notifications. To get round this I have just ordered a payg 3 data sim for the princely sum of 20p ...... yes, 20p. I get 200 mb of data free every month. Oh yes, free postage is included in the 20p purchase. :lol-061: My old 3g mifi from 3 can be used as a router for the camera while we are away.

Great post with top tips I use the 12 gig for 12 months sim in my tablet , next time a will do the 24 gig for 24 months sim , in my phone I use the 321 sim 3 pm calls 2 p text I p meg data ,nothing lost as no time limit is set .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back