Mobile Broadband (again)

spigot

What mobile broadband do you guys use these days?

In the past I’ve always used a Three data SIM 24GB that lasts for 24 months but me new van comes with a telly so I’ll probably need more data.

I’ve noticed a Three Data SIM is available 5G..,80GB renewable every month until Jan 2027 for about £80.

Would this work in a mobile router (I’m a total Dickhead when it comes to this sort of stuff)

Mike

I tend to use two sims just has hotspots in my phone(s) EE and Vodafone. What I will say though is if you do a lot of streaming 80gb a month is not enough if you are away all month. Last year between us we generally used between 100-200gb a month.

Sim only.
Wow ... the price of that ! gif gaff has some deals from £8 a month I thought that was expensive. But I got the £10 deal. Lol . Plus free calls and text to gif gaf users for 2 month's so no need to pay monthly.

If only victron equipment text or called you . But portal is on line data.

What mobile broadband do you guys use these days?

In the past I’ve always used a Three data SIM 24GB that lasts for 24 months but me new van comes with a telly so I’ll probably need more data.

I’ve noticed a Three Data SIM is available 5G..,80GB renewable every month until Jan 2027 for about £80.

Would this work in a mobile router (I’m a total Dickhead when it comes to this sort of stuff)

Mike
Do you need it for UK only or UK + EU?

I use SKY because I can transfer data between SIMs and carry any unused forward without penalty, last trip abroad I’d accrued over 150mb to use in the modem (teltonika) which incidentally is open to any network SIM.

A couple of handy resources.

for the uk i have an ID mobile sim 30gb for £8 a month but it rolls over so i normally have about 55gb on it don’t watch much telly but if it’s modern enough you can get itv x & bbc i player through bluetooth uses about 200mb an hour

In the bag of bumf that came with the van is an O2 SIM issued by Govivo in partnership with Avtex.

It is for unlimited data, £18.99 per month but it includes 25GB of European data each month.

Does this sound reasonable to you guys?

This quote is from another forum

We have an Avtex system with a Govivo sim. It's a great idea in theory - you pay £3.49 per month on the 'holding' tariff, ie when you're not travelling, and £24.99 for 'unlimited data' when you travel in the UK but you only pay for what you use, so if you're only away for 7 days, you only pay for those 7 days at the rate of 24.99. That's the theory anyway.

BUT, on more than one trip away in our motorhome, we've been unable to get any wifi at all. Not only that but their customer service seems to be non-existent.

I'd love to hear your experiences, or any suggestions on alternative data suppliers please.

In the UK, I use Smarty, £20 for unlimited data, UK calls and texts. Calls don't get used in my router, but the texts come in handy for occasional router management.

Another vote for Smarty. It's owned by Three and uses the same network. We get 100GB for £12/month but only buy a month's worth when we need it (about 3 times a year).

Back