Mirror guard

Definitely worthwhile having,they've saved loads of mirrors on my work trucks.

Defiantly worth it IMO boxer door mirrors £ 800 pug price .they are tough ,if you do get them enlarge the hole for outdoor temp sender or it may not read correctly .mine read way to high, much easier to do before fitting can also be fitted to minor damaged mirror £50. EBay. .:drive:

Last edited:
I have the Milenco mirror guards on, at virtualy half that price and I am happy with the fit and quality of them. Having looked at both at shows I personally don't think them to be worth twice the money.

Had my offside mirror hit twice in 2 days by apparently oblivious oncoming drivers barrelling along narrow Welsh lanes. That prompted me to fit Mirrorguards and I added some Solas reflective tape to the covers for good measure. I can't vouch for their protective abilities because no-one has hit me in the two years since I fitted them, but the behaviour of approaching drivers instantly changed from barrelling along regardless to giving me a much wider berth and slowing or stopping on several occasions. Worth their weight in gold as far as I'm concerned.

Be aware there are some on the market though that are very thin and not worth fitting.

I have the Milenco mirror guards on, at virtualy half that price and I am happy with the fit and quality of them. Having looked at both at shows I personally don't think them to be worth twice the money.

:yeahthat:

Plus a bit of hHiViz tape to wake up any on comer with limited viability

A driver hit my mirror guard and pusher the mirror against my side window,
I pushed the mirror back to it's correct position and carried on, no problem.
BUT before selling my van I took the guard off thinking I would refit it to my new van. I was most surprised to find the Fiat mirror had bad cracks as the guard did not even have scratches, definitely worth the money.

Mirror Gard

Get the white ones. With long arm mirrors they really stand out and give an optical illusion to oncoming traffic that you are a big wide vehicle. Drivers keep out of your way. Try it yourself. Stand in front of a moho with white mirror gards and then do the same with one with black ones. Notice the difference. 😊

Total agreement

These guards have saved me a fortune as I have tried and tested them unfortunately a few times and yes they make my van appear wider as other vehicles definitely give me more room now.

These guards have saved me a fortune as I have tried and tested them unfortunately a few times and yes they make my van appear wider as other vehicles definitely give me more room now.

Same here when I had my C Class.
I actually hit one that hard that the glass shattered but the guard saved the ‘body’ of the mirror. It cost me approx £25.00 for new glass versus £200.00 + for a full mirror.

Have a chuckle

Just had a closer look at the mirrors and the guards are already installed. Didn't notice as the cab roof is white and so are the mirrors so just thought it was part of the "look". Saved us a few bob though.

PH

Mirror Guards for Transits

Hi Guys,

Been reading all about your opinions on Mirror Guards, very interesting.

My question is, does anyone make them for my MK7 Transit?

Regards,

Paul

I think that this is the reason why you can't buy Transit after market mirror protectors at £100 a pair :

transit mirror casing.JPG
Transit mirror whole.JPG

Paul

That's why they are starting to nick Fiats now to break, no money to be made on Transit parts any more.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back