Minor rear damage to hymer.

paulhelenwilko

WP_20170224_003.jpgWP_20170224_005.jpg

Just hurt the motorhome. Parked the back into a grass bank. Thought all was ok, but when we pulled away the rear valance (not sure if that is the right terminology but I don't think bumper is right either.) caught the grass and pulled the light cluster off and the valance away from the main wall.

Have done a quick repair with our colour coordinated gaffer tape, to hold the light cluster to the valance and the valance to the wall.

It appears that the whole thing is held by screws in the light cluster that pass thro' the valance and into the bodywork.

My intention was to fill the existing screwholes with sikaflex then use slightly bigger self tappers into the same holes.

Anyone got any advice/experience of a similar problem ?

Paul

Sorry to hear of your mishap, will watch this thread with interest, we did the same within weeks of having a new bumper fitted, lights didn't come off but the bumper is cracked and just bodged with sealant, but I would prefer a proper repair, but at what cost?

Penny washers. Thats what they were designed for. Far better than using giant sized self tappers and will give a stronger fix.

imgres-1.jpg

Sorry to hear about the damage. You are not the only one. :mad1:. I went round the back and had a look. Back another couple of feet. Oppppps thats not grass ..

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back