minimum spend pub stop overs

slonger

I am not a big drinker after 3 pints I am ready for bed the better half drinks less than me, Is there a minimum spend when staying at a pub stopover? Should you always have a meal?
Steve

I am not a big drinker after 3 pints I am ready for bed the better half drinks less than me, Is there a minimum spend when staying at a pub stopover? Should you always have a meal?
Steve

I know what you mean ...we have the same dilemma ...we have 2 drinks normally ...... or a meal and a couple of drinks ..but its how you feel ... sometimes we eat in the van and go in for one ...other times we go for the full hit

My view is even if you only spend £1.00 its a £1.00 more than if you had not of stopped so don,t feel guilty,but i allways spend something.

That`s one of the reason i don`t use Pub Stops.

I like my Carlsberg and it`s got it`s own special place in the van and the wife doesn`t really drink, half a shandy and she`s away with the fairies :lol-049:

The other reason is that too many times we`ve had a meal and a drink and then said ..... was that really worth £20 -£30 ? ..... i think not :sad:

you need to go to bed with a clear conscience so just learn to drink more, it's only a practice thing.

Last edited:
it is possible to go into a pub and not buy alcohol .... (retires under tin hat !!)

The pubs I've stopped at this year have been very laid back about 'fees' some said along as you buy a drink or 'you've bought a meal that's enough'!

Get becks blue alcohol free

is that like a lager without the alcohol ? I love alcohol-free red wine... but almost no pubs sell it...

Fazerloz - I meant buy soft drink AND meal .... not... go into pub and buy nothing !!!

is that like a lager without the alcohol ? I love alcohol-free red wine... but almost no pubs sell it...

Fazerloz - I meant buy soft drink AND meal .... not... go into pub and buy nothing !!!

Yes I gathered that, it was the concept of me going in a pub and not buying alcohol I found strange.:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

you can also go into a Church and not prey,but its not the same.[/QUOTE
I'm thinking that there's a lot of stuff on the news about what the churches and (prey) is all about and it's not anything to do drinking or eating or staying in a pub carpark lol

As an ex landlord generate more income from the soft non alcohol drinks than the booze less trouble too !! The margin on postmix is very healthy why sell beer ?

Margin on food has eroded siignificantly over the last few years. a lot serve shite from a formula given by the brewery

Channa

it is possible to go into a pub and not buy alcohol .... (retires under tin hat !!)

Yes, I have a demi bottle of wine in the fridge, one of two bought at Christmas but not consumed even though they were really nice, or the first one was. I just do not bother. Maybe that makes me anti social but I like the company of a pub just drink alcohol free drinks. Some other people I note drink far too much and are not aware of the damage they are doing. Watching Gogglebox on TV and look at Dom and his wife, he is constantly slurring and unsteady. Not a way I would like to be.

Me and Ruth stopped of a Ribbleshead viaduct station hotel and ordered a meal and sweat also a few drinks spent over £50 but it was well worth it the food was something special the sweet also we did not have to spend that it was our treat I would go there again tomorrow as long as the same person was cooking the meal.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back