Minehead on Television

witzend

This evening on West Country Television Motor homers made the headlines again for emptying their waste in the car parks public toilets the reporter said although it wasn't against the law Local people where concerned because of the risk of them spreading the Virus.
Now the town was busting at the seams the beach was packed Yet it's the few motor homers using the toilet responsibly to dispose of their waste that was causing most concerns

Its got to be better as its normally got some chemical/cleaning agent in it so already breaking down and killing bugs if any..
Unlike some dirty beggers that sh*t on the floors in some public loos... Seen that a few times when I was a cleaner..

Yes quite a lot not toilet trained here,dont know what type of homes they come from,many are hardened guinnes drinkers and it runs the guts out of them where apon they let fly in shopping centre loos,i have had to turn and walk out a few times.

I didn't think there was many places in Minehead you could park a motorhome? I stopped in the camp site last year. Very pleasant and clean.

I didn't think there was many places in Minehead you could park a motorhome? I stopped in the camp site last year. Very pleasant and clean.
No mention of them parking just emptying their waste in the CP Toilets and spreading the CV Virus the fact that the town was heaving with other tourists didn't get a mention it was the motorhomers that used the Toilet to empty their waste that was spreading the CV, The motorhome in the news clip was looking to have difficulty finding some where to stop.

Emptying your chemical toilet in a Public is not going to spread any virus. A seldom washed backside is more likely to do that if you are infected. That said showing basic respect by keeping it clean is a sure sign of being civilised. I think if you were going to give your cassette a full rinse, that might be a step too far.

Emptying your chemical toilet in a Public is not going to spread any virus.
I think your missing the point
Perhaps I didn,t say it as it was said But It,s the few motor homers coming there that they say is bringing the virus not what their doing when there they just want to remove the reason that the motorhomes have for coming there.
The 100,s of other people crowding the resort weren,t mentioned

Yes quite a lot not toilet trained here,dont know what type of homes they come from,many are hardened guinnes drinkers and it runs the guts out of them where apon they let fly in shopping centre loos,i have had to turn and walk out a few times.
I'm not sure if I could always manage to forgo the need whatever the condition of the facilities.

Perhaps I didn,t say it as it was said But It,s the few motor homers coming there that they say is bringing the virus not what their doing when there they just want to remove the reason that the motorhomes have for coming there.

Basically to clarify Motorhomes are being used as an excuse and are being blamed the fact the a beach is rammed crammed with thousands is not even taken into consideration.

Don't the people staying in Butlins, the C&MC site or the Wetherspoons Hotel spread the virus then?

i was there last week you park in the car park in the harbour behind the pub right up next to the beach or in the car park across the road next to the toilets which is currently free parking. I was directed there by the local police officer on the beach. great night there just no signal due to the tall hill/monroe

Public loo's are not motorhome dumping points, if they were they would be advertised as such. Common sense tells you they are not designed for to take the volume of a cassette which is why at campsite etc the dumping point is not a toilet bowl but a bespoke facility capable of taking the flow rate without the chance of blockage or splash back.
Our only cassette emptying point is down a domestic toilet, we never have problems with blockages and we are able to keep it clean. I wonder what goes in your toilet and maybe medical help is required? ;)

Our only cassette emptying point is down a domestic toilet, we never have problems with blockages and we are able to keep it clean. I wonder what goes in your toilet and maybe medical help is required? ;)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:😂

Perhaps a quick common sense lesson in how to empty a cassette depending on the size and capacity of the receptacle they're emptying into might be useful? :unsure::oops:😅:cool:

Just a storm in a loo bowl ;)

Also needs must, if there ain't no aires available...:devilish:

At the Druridge meets there was only one loo emptying point and that was the outside toilet that belonged to the rangers.
It was used with their full permission. Maybe they weren't aware that a normal toilet isn't capable of taking the contents of a cassette...?! o_O;)

A large percentage of sites that I know use standard household w,c,s as dedicated chemical disposal points, obviously without issue,
You seem to post frequently on this issue, but I doubt that you will influence many, and exhorting people to use campsites is not going to change the overnighting preferences of many either.
Public toilet or indiscriminate dumping? No brainer.

Davy

After a normal sitting in our house a period of 'windows open decontam' is normal, even the Queen's sh!t stinks (y)

On the couple of occasions we have returned home with a 'full load' in the cassette experience shows that the down stairs loo is out of action for a goodly period once it's had 2 or 3 days worth flushed through it and it's with that in mind that we would not use a public loo to empty ours as it's not fair on other users.

Wow! o_O

Can I ask what sort of diet you're on?! :ROFLMAO::poop:;)

And are you sure your loo is actually working as it should be? Is it flushing properly? Is it one of those macerator types? Are there problems generally with the plumbing? Are you on the mains? :unsure:

We empty into our downstairs loo, but it is never 'out of action' (smell-wise) for more than a few minutes.
Suppose it depends what you personally consider to be a 'goodly period' that makes it inconvenient...?

After a normal sitting in our house a period of 'windows open decontam' is normal, even the Queen's sh!t stinks (y)

On the couple of occasions we have returned home with a 'full load' in the cassette experience shows that the down stairs loo is out of action for a goodly period once it's had 2 or 3 days worth flushed through it and it's with that in mind that we would not use a public loo to empty ours as it's not fair on other users.

Well maybe award yourself a Blue Peter Badge for not using a Public Loo to empty your obviously (by your admittance and one you have problems emptying strange that!)Full Load cassette maybe Try using more Loo Blue Fluid i/e dont stint if your cassette is clogging up with your deposits.So what do you suggest is a solution for the other many Motorhomers/Campervanners that are doing this?And dont suggest they go on a campsite and pay the site rate as thats not happening.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back