Milenco , Mirror Protectors

yeoblade

20220309_171351.jpg

Bought and fitted these Milenco covers 4 years ago, this is what they're like now after a wash! The plastic has actually absorbed the dirt and grime.

I contacted Milenco and got this reply:

A paint seal or resin polish has been applied to this product, creating a microporous coating. Specks of dirt have therefore been trapped inside. If you’re able to remove this outer layer, (perhaps try spirits, Cif, or even toothpaste), the marks will then be easily removed with soapy water.
Kind regards,
Milenco Customer Service Enquiries

The above didn't work, however I did try a pressure washer and this removed about 1/2 millimeter of the actual plastic, they started to disintegrate!

I bought a set at the NEC for £39, from the Milenco stand.
A bargain I thought.
I was watching the tv in the hotel room that night, and got them out for a look.
Much to my horror they were both O/S.
Thankfully we were going back next day and got them changed.

View attachment 106769

Bought and fitted these Milenco covers 4 years ago, this is what they're like now after a wash! The plastic has actually absorbed the dirt and grime.

I contacted Milenco and got this reply:

A paint seal or resin polish has been applied to this product, creating a microporous coating. Specks of dirt have therefore been trapped inside. If you’re able to remove this outer layer, (perhaps try spirits, Cif, or even toothpaste), the marks will then be easily removed with soapy water.
Kind regards,
Milenco Customer Service Enquiries

The above didn't work, however I did try a pressure washer and this removed about 1/2 millimeter of the actual plastic, they started to disintegrate!
If they are not too far gone you could paint them with Dulux Weathershield Multi-Surface paint. I did our upvc front door a year ago and it's still looking good.

Looking at those covers, I would try some Autosmart G101 on them. That is great stuff and it will clean ingrained dirt on plastic garden furniture and should do the trick on those. A Car Valeter would likelty have some you could try and see what happens.

If they are not too far gone you could paint them with Dulux Weathershield Multi-Surface paint. I did our upvc front door a year ago and it's still looking good.
Just ruined you door, did you ever think of using G3 cutting polish.

We fit loads of UPVC doors and facias the cream cleaner in this link should clean them.

40F9F838-2DD9-4C29-AAC4-EB4BFA0D4E86.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back