Merc service intervals

MOJO

Free Member
Hymer Mercedes service intervals. We have driven 8,000 miles since our last main dealer service back in Feb 2019.With mot due by October on this 2014 registered vehicle I contemplated another service whilst mot also. The on board computer says another 26,000 miles before service B is due. How much time do people allow to pass before another service.
Thanks

The 2 year interval will kick in if you don't cover the mileage suggested by the computer.

If it's convenient to have it serviced at next MOT, I'd do that. Won't do any harm.

Will do same with mine this year, as MOT due well before service.

I`m probably going to get a load of stick for this but i`m not into these extended service intervals. I service my own being well out of warranty.

Officially my motorhome is 20,000 or 2 years whichever comes first but it gets done every year which is roughly ( apart from this year ) 10,000 - 12,000 miles.

Your baby will love you for ever being bathed and caressed with new oil that has gone through a nice new filter.

Similarly the fuel filter gets done every year as well and i`m always shocked at the state of it after 12 months.

My 'van is serviced annually irrespective of mileage though typically I cover between 7,000 and 8,000 miles a year.

This year I'm extending it by six months to coincide with the new MOT date but not many more miles will have been covered due to the lockdown.

I think it important for a thorough check of the mechanicals be carried out and it helps ensure that the MOT is a formality.

I insist on fully synthetic oil by the way. It's more expensive but vastly better at resisting breakdown of its viscosity. The molecular structure is engineered to withstand the very hostile environment of an engine.

Regular oil and filter changes are so beneficial to an engine's health, and the cost is a very small proportion of the annual running costs of a vehicle.

My MOT was due on the 1st May so it was extended to the 1st November but this will have a detrimental impact on future trips abroad because we can still be away into November, weather permitting.

The place i use is open again so i`m planning on the 1st September which will mean i can put it in on the 2nd August each year there after.

We never go away in the crazy psychotic days of the school holidays so this will work out better.

have decided to have a minor service performed by the mot garage in August. Oil, oil filter and fuel filter, etc. They use manufacturer parts.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back