memory foam mattress topper

dave and mary

We would like to get a memory foam mattress topper ( as we get older need more comfort ) Where is the best place to get one, plus any tips about them thanks. :drive: :drive:

We would like to get a memory foam mattress topper ( as we get older need more comfort ) Where is the best place to get one, plus any tips about them thanks. :drive: :drive:

I believe Robmac bought one on EBAY 3inch.

He would have liked more but that's all he could manage lol.

I could do with one myself I'll have to have a look.

We bought a double size from pound stretcher and covered it with a single duvet cover ( it is a tight fit ) this is easily removed for laundry, when not in used folded up with a bungee strap and stored on the over cab bed, only 2 inch thick but works for us ,

Rob

:have fun:

We bought a double size from pound stretcher and covered it with a single duvet cover ( it is a tight fit ) this is easily removed for laundry, when not in used folded up with a bungee strap and stored on the over cab bed, only 2 inch thick but works for us ,

Rob

:have fun:

We got a 2" one online, also wrapped in duvet (the foam can get a bit bitty!). We then have a single duvet in a cover on that as a top sheet and double duvet to snuggle under. The whole lot then gets rolled up in the morning and left ready to unroll at night. Proper job, as they say down this way....

Mattress topper

Hi,
I got one at B&M and its been great, 2in thick & cheap as chips - I agree with other comments about protecting the foam by encasing it. Made a massive difference to quality of sleep, wouldn't be without it now. Hope this helps :dance:

We got our 2" topper from dunelm mills. They have some quite expensive ones there but we found a double one at £35 . It comes with a removable cover. Wouldn't be without it.

mattress topper.

We have one for sale if you would like to email me on stubbs@orange.net. Its a proper shaped one for a motorhome bed.

I believe Robmac bought one on EBAY 3inch.

He would have liked more but that's all he could manage lol.

I could do with one myself I'll have to have a look.

Can't recommend these mattress toppers enough, spent 66 consecutive nights on one in Europe last summer. They make ones to fit VWs and can make them to order too. Don't be put off by the 'pet supplies' they started off making pet beds (and still do, they're also good) -

Nick at Comforts Pet Supplies;

Telephone 01246 825873

email comfortzpets@aol

Web address comfortspetsupplies.co.uk

We got ours from Snug - snugmattress.co.uk. It came with its own zip off coolmax cover (sort of airtex stretchy stuff that's supposed to 'breathe') and we use it in a big cotton duvet cover in lieu of a bottom sheet... or two bottom sheets if you flip it over and use the other side! :lol-053:

What you buy really depends on how you're going to use and store it. The rear lounge in our van makes up to a superking sized bed, and that's a heck of a lot of heavy memory foam to store during the day, so we couldn't get a massively thick topper. We got a 2" one that we fold once, roll up as best we can and secure with luggage straps... it still takes up a fair chunk of storage space in the overhead but we wouldn't be without it and it's bliss to sleep on. Personally, I wouldn't get less than 2" thick.

I think memory foam comes in different densities too - the more dense it is, the more support... or the more weight it can take before it flattens right out. Obviously the denser ones cost more. On a really hard base, it might make a huge difference but on top of a normal MH foam mattress or foam seat cushions, I doubt you'd notice enough difference to justify the extra cost, so a cheapie would probably do the job just as well.

Am I right in thinking that these help even out the countours & gaps in beds made up of multiple cushions designed for seating & backrests?

Got a 2 inch memory foam topper from Aldi when it was one of their special buy offers, can't remember the price. Use the bag it came in to store ehu cable.

Am I right in thinking that these help even out the countours & gaps in beds made up of multiple cushions designed for seating & backrests?

We got ours after a few nights of uncomfortable sleep on the jigsaw of cushions. It is 2" thick and cheap but it made all the difference.

We got ours after a few nights of uncomfortable sleep on the jigsaw of cushions. It is 2" thick and cheap but it made all the difference.

Cheers, the good lady hates the main bed for exactly that reason & won't use the over cab bed (which is really comfy) as she doesn't like "being in a coffin" :scared: Trouble is we carry rather a lot of junk around with us so adding another bundle could be an issue.

sound like me... Lee has slept over the cab when out on his own but the thought of having to get down in the middle of the night and not being able to sit up ...... no thanks.

the foam topper takes up about the same space as a couple of pillows.

Hi
we bought 2 single aldi memory foam toppers for our king size luton when they were at a reduced price-absolutely wouldn't sleep without them-really confy and warm as well -maybe too warm sometimes but you can always throw the duvet off

Well recommended:D

Argos

Hi we're pleased with ours as well came from Argos 2" topper double bed size with cover and pillows around £50

You might try:

Mattress Deals | Special Offers | Memory Foam Warehouse

I am about to get a double mattress to replace the two squabs that make up the double bed at the rear of my Hymer. The two squabs appear to be the original Hymer mattresses, so after 16 years I think it might be time for a new one and having a single mattress without the crack down the middle will be easier for a solo sleeper!!:fun:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back