Membership Lapsed ??????

shortcircuit

I have contributed to this forum over a number of years. About 10 weeks ago I logged out as I was not going to be online. On return I attempted to log in but was not able to due to password??? problems. I have now created a new account with the same username, email address etc which shows me as a new member from July of this year and no history of previous posting.

Should this have been possible?

I sent out an email telling free members that had not logged in for more the 3 months that I was going to prune the memberships. I then left it 2 weeks to give them time to login. After that I pruned them. This means any pruned accounts had been inactive for at least 14 weeks.

It costs me money to have free members, so inactive ones get removed!

Thanks for the reply and I now understand.

Interesting comment about free members costing money. I would have thought that anybody who posts to a forum must be an asset as without postings the forum would die. You will however no the proportion of free to members postings.

Thanks for the reply and I now understand.

Interesting comment about free members costing money. I would have thought that anybody who posts to a forum must be an asset as without postings the forum would die. You will however no the proportion of free to members postings.

Correct, however people who have not logged on for over 3 months are not posting and are not an asset.
Most have come and joined then never return.

I have to pay insurance based on total membership, so the 2000 members I deleted saves money.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back