Meets, rallies, whatever.

cas said:
***** I was not passing judgment on were or how you camp, just saying that as the site has changed so have its members, and how they use the forum. I do not always wild camp, infact as a lone female I am doing less and less myself, there may be a lot more information and general chat now but there is also bickering and people getting all defencive (not spelt right I no) at the slightest comment :)
cas you are welcome to meet up with us the last bank hol in may,do you fancy it...samm ;)

cas said:
***** I was not passing judgment on were or how you camp, just saying that as the site has changed so have its members, and how they use the forum. I do not always wild camp, infact as a lone female I am doing less and less myself, there may be a lot more information and general chat now but there is also bickering and people getting all defencive (not spelt right I no) at the slightest comment :)
I agree with you Cas as lone female you can not be to carefull there are nasty people out there and even if you do not wild it as much these days who in there right mind can blame you at least you have the option wild or not wild.
I myself like wild best but if i am away from home for a good while and can not find a good place to bathe i will find a campsite with a shower there is no shame in that.
Best of luck regards Trevor.:D

cas

You are very welcome to come along and met us ,as sam has suggested.If you like you can see photos of us and our families enjoying are selfs, in the photo section. Most of us use a campsite now and then and wild when possible ,you have to now adays in some areas ,we are not all lucky enough to live were we can wild camp all the time.Were ever you look at a group of people they will always be some one moaning ,seems to be a common thing now adays.You enjoy yorself,what ever you choose.

***** said:
:eek: :eek:
Well where do I start.
Ur post is most insultive!!!!:eek:
Yes we camp on sites & by the sea & in car parks!!!
But what the Hek we enjoy ourselves.
Maybe U should try It!!!
I have camped (tented) in Yugo, Greece & Turkey, many years ago (18 to be precise) & I have spent 12 years as an International trucker stopping anywhere, so dont try to say we do dont know what wild camping is about.
Folks talk about Lay by's, well that is not for me, but if it suits them, well so be it, not a problem. Live & let live!
But do not insult my mates!!!!!
They camp where they want to & they enjoy it & I do as well.
If U do not like this great Wild Camping Forum, Maybe U should remove ur self!!!!!
well said graham, does'nt matter were we go just enjoy it

***** said:
:eek: :eek:
Well where do I start.
Ur post is most insultive!!!!:eek:
Yes we camp on sites & by the sea & in car parks!!!
But what the Hek we enjoy ourselves.
Maybe U should try It!!!
I have camped (tented) in Yugo, Greece & Turkey, many years ago (18 to be precise) & I have spent 12 years as an International trucker stopping anywhere, so dont try to say we do dont know what wild camping is about.
Folks talk about Lay by's, well that is not for me, but if it suits them, well so be it, not a problem. Live & let live!
But do not insult my mates!!!!!
They camp where they want to & they enjoy it & I do as well.
If U do not like this great Wild Camping Forum, Maybe U should remove ur self!!!!!

Sorry but I'm with Paul on this matter and the likes of people like the above are putting me speedily off this site.
The title of this site is Wildcamping, maybe it should be renamed, carpet slippers and table lamps?

And 'insultive' ? Oh please, Isnt there a spellchecker somewhere?. And this bloke drives a lorry? god help us all.

***** said:
Sam, Gary, Rob & Monkeynut.
We have talked about the bank hol meet.
Think we need somewhere nice so we can park for the duration if we like.
Matlock is only a car park.
Is Carrog any good or is it too far for U Gary.
Not pushing it but could get some of the Rally field.
Any other suggestions???
Carrog seems fine 2 me graham
Rob

Lorry drivers

Crackpot is hiding behind his computer he should get a life, sad B-----d, I wander what his occupation is? I for one am proud to be a Tanker driver.
Roland Rat

OOh look the kiddies are out to play!, I must have touched a nerve ?

But thanks for the concern, I have a fine life. Im a professional musician.

Last edited:
roland rat said:
Crackpot is hiding behind his computer he should get a life, sad B-----d, I wander what his occupation is? I for one am proud to be a Tanker driver.
Roland Rat
hgv drivers run in my family...........well said mate x

roland rat said:
Roland Rat
So you should be Roland

I had a few comments on another site for exceeding speed limit by 4 mph but in 40 years driving i have a near perfect record ( never had an insurance claim)and have covered more miles on cafe car parks than some of the so called perfect drivers
Rob

Crackpot said:
OOh look the kiddies are out to play!, I must have touched a nerve ?

But thanks for the concern, I have a fine life. Im a professional musician.
blow your own trumpet do you...HA HA HA HA HE HE HE HE :D :D :D :D
hey i could give my day job up at this rate......oh im soooo funny....NOT!!:D

No funnily enough, but working 2 hours, 2 nights a week sure beats getting up in the morning and causing all those terrible accidents

***** said:
Sam, Gary, Rob & Monkeynut.
We have talked about the bank hol meet.
Think we need somewhere nice so we can park for the duration if we like.
Matlock is only a car park.
Is Carrog any good or is it too far for U Gary.
Not pushing it but could get some of the Rally field.
Any other suggestions???
carrog prob a bit too far for gary......autoroute says 3 hours...is it too mauch gaz ;)

Yeah just looked at map, might be late arrival but ok with us.

Crackpot said:
No funnily enough, but working 2 hours, 2 nights a week sure beats getting up in the morning and causing all those terrible accidents
clean driving record mate......hgv1 & pcv.....what licence do you hold....?
been all over europe with the coach....free holidays hmmmm lovely..
but now i look after people with disabilities after driving them to a centre....very rewarding dont you think...????
is that all the punters can stand....2 hours....oh ha ha ha ha ha :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sammclouis said:
carrog prob a bit too far for gary......autoroute says 3 hours...is it too mauch gaz ;)
what about stratford rally field?
was a great spot but depends if they have room..;)

sammclouis said:
cas you are welcome to meet up with us the last bank hol in may,do you fancy it...samm ;)

Thanks for the offer sam im going to Kendal then heading up to Scotland got the week off

cas said:
Thanks for the offer sam im going to Kendal then heading up to Scotland got the week off
very nice cas....maybe again eh?
would be good fun yes...samm x

well that bloke has been really winding every1 up......iv bit my lip until tonight....you lot are my mates.....i wont have it....:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back