Meet Up

pappajohn

anyone out and about week starting 21st july.
cant decide between wales and scotland but a meet would be good if anyone's up for it.? :D

pappajohn said:
cant decide between wales and scotland but a meet would be good if anyone's up for it.? :D
would love to mate...but hubby moving his daughter on the sat 21st,well in the day time anyway...wales is not to far for us so could make it tea time..ish.couldnt come to scotland on sat to return on sunday as not worth it...but you say in your post you are away a week so does that mean you will be there the weekend after too...sammx

sammclouis said:
would love to mate...but hubby moving his daughter on the sat 21st,well in the day time anyway...wales is not to far for us so could make it tea time..ish.couldnt come to scotland on sat to return on sunday as not worth it...but you say in your post you are away a week so does that mean you will be there the weekend after too...sammx

i know what you mean about scotland. for one night its out.
i dont know about the following weekend but i would think yes to friday night, maybe sat night.
which bit of wales are you near to ?
havn't been to wales for a couple of years but i dont think it will have changed any.
the peak district is also a possibility. never been there.

john

pappajohn said:
i know what you mean about scotland. for one night its out.
i dont know about the following weekend but i would think yes to friday night, maybe sat night.
which bit of wales are you near to ?
havn't been to wales for a couple of years but i dont think it will have changed any.
the peak district is also a possibility. never been there.

john
well i live near to north wales( im in oswestry,shropshire )so anywhere north,mid,west coast is great for us also peak district is great...id love to do scotland & could do the week after depending where you went in scotland but depending on if you were there then eh!! where you from john x

sammclouis said:
well i live near to north wales( im in oswestry,shropshire )so anywhere north,mid,west coast is great for us also peak district is great...id love to do scotland & could do the week after depending where you went in scotland but depending on if you were there then eh!! where you from john x

we live in that run down corner of england known as SCARBOROUGH. englands first resort.(dont make me laugh)the one with the £54 million sea defence wall (read as local government corruption)
you anywhere near the rayader dam. went to watch my step-daughter do a charity absiel down there a couple of years ago. lovely area, looks good for wilding.
john

Last edited:
pappajohn said:
we live in that run down corner of england known as SCARBOROUGH. englands first resort.(dont make me laugh)the one with the £54 million sea defence wall (read as local government corruption)
you anywhere near the rayader dam. went to watch my step-daughter do a charity absiel down there a couple of years ago. lovely area, looks good for wilding.
john
ah i spent many childhood holidays in whitby down the rd..as my nan n grandad lived there...lovely area...also me n dave visited the area about 9 years ago for a holiday and we came to scarborough..we went into the horror house on the seafront....ARRRGGGHHHHH...scary or wat..:eek:
my dad took me to scarborough to whackers whoppers (fish n chip shop) remember that do you??
we are about 2 hours from dam we would have to travel through newtown..sammx

yeah, whackers is still there if it's the same one. i think the horror house has been replaced by a ghost train or some other drivell but i havn't been on the seafront for years so not sure.
i take it that newtown aint good to drive thru.
i keep thinking derbyshire/peak district is a good starting point then into wales for the rest of the week. shirleys family came from derbyshire when she was little and she wants to see the area. cant remember the town.
do you know any good places.?

john

pappajohn said:
yeah, whackers is still there if it's the same one. i think the horror house has been replaced by a ghost train or some other drivell but i havn't been on the seafront for years so not sure.
i take it that newtown aint good to drive thru.
i keep thinking derbyshire/peak district is a good starting point then into wales for the rest of the week. shirleys family came from derbyshire when she was little and she wants to see the area. cant remember the town.
do you know any good places.?

john
good memories about whitby 'n' scarborough mate...makes me smilewhen i think about it....:) :)
no newtowns good to drive through....nice drive,a bit of a long drive down but a good un at that...the problem arises with dave getting away early enough.....hey its your time away..do what you want..hhee hhee :D :D :D
but would be great to meet as i love meeting up...you can never have enough friends..sammx

sorry for delay samm. computers taken a turn for the worse. had to shut it down and reboot it.
damn thing keeps locking and loosing conection to internet.
we'll have to arrange something definate for a meetup but not to far from you as you say the problem is dave getting finished early enough.
chat later,
john.

Meet

pappajohn said:
Hi Pappajohn.
As you know we frequently weekend with Sam & Dave and would probably have come, but the dates clash with other commitments.:(
Have a good time!
regards Graham

Last edited by a moderator:
***** said:
Hi Pappajohn.
As you know we frequently weekend with Sam & Dave and would probably have come, but the dates clash with other commitments.:(
Have a good time!
regards Graham

cheers graham, next time maybe? ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back