May be off use to some: Escaper Traction Mats

Ordered

Thanks for the information, I have just ordered a set to be collected from the local store.

These sink into muddy ground,

Rigid bread basket bases are far superior & much cheaper.

I find them easier to use once you have dug yourself in. Of course you are much better off using the bread baskets to stop yourself digging in in the first place.:) I often park on the bread baskets at this time of year.

Richard

You don't use traction mats a lot but are essential to have when you do. We would not have got away from the New Years meet at Thurston Manor without them. Sandy.

Mats yer say? Last week i got bogged down in a 4x4 demountable with brand new Cooper mud terrain tyres, the ground out there is so saturated that bugger all will help when you're truly stuck.

I got pulled out by a local farmer for a tenner, my clutch does'nt smell too sweet now either, of course common sense and listening to your instincts should be a good guide as to where is safe to park, something that was sadly lacking the night i got myself stuck.....:sad:

Was given a set the other year. Just right for the MH said my mum. Only designed for cars they will not take the weight :mad1:

I bought a set of Milenco ones as the Bridging Rams I have are a bit OTT sometimes. What a waste of money. Wheels were muddy so they just slipped on the plastic.

grip-mats-pair.jpg

These are far better

Waffle Boards.JPG

Last edited:
In 2 years of motorhoming I've never parked on grass and have no intentions of.
IMHO motorhomes are no different to cars, Tarmac or similiar every time for me. I have a 110 Landy for when I go off road.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back