Maxview aerial brackets

bartman

Although watching TV isn’t a major factor when we’re touring, we’ve found that when we do decide to tune in more often than not the reception is either non-existent or intermittent. By experimentation I’ve found that the reception via the hopeless omnidirectional Status aerial can be worse than via a bent coat-hanger suck into the socket. I know that there are upgraded versions of the Status that are directional, but I don’t want to make another hole in the roof.

After a bit of online research it appears that a small log-periodic aerial is the way to go, so the plan is to fix that outside. I already have an external aerial socket so I won’t need to make another hole in the wall, but I will need to fix a pair of brackets to hold the aerial pole. I was wondering if anybody had any experience of using brackets like these stuck on with sticky pads, or whether I should attach them with screws.

How about something like this https://tinyurl.com/y8gfz7bl or a dent puller suction cap I know Maxview do similar to hold one of their satellite dishs
I must admit I hadn't thought of suction cups - thanks, I'll do some more research. I'd need to find out what diameter pole they'll hold, also those particular ones might not stand off the body far enough to clear the seam rail at the top. I'll have a look at the one for satellite dishes too.

This is only a small dish doubtful any good out side England but give you the idea

The only downside to this type of suction cup is that the aluminium skin can be pulled away from the composite roof section.

I used to use a triple cup glass lifter similar to those but only ever used it on the rear panel of the motorhome as it was fibre glass (or similar).

It sits on a square foot of stainless steel
When choosing your stainless plate beware that the better quality stainless isn't magnetic
But its a good aerial it gives us free view stuck to a radiator indoors

Last edited:
I think I might go for this , but before doing so I'm going to see what reception is like using the aerial inside the van - when we're eventually permitted to stay anywhere! (other than Bishop Auckland/Barnard Castle of course)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back