MAPS.ME

Jo001

I've been having a bit of bother with the app for a while, problems adding to my pinned places etc. I've just been on, trying to look at an area that I haven't downloaded the map for, and when I tried to download it, it won't let me unless I upgrade - the free membership is now only allowing 10 maps. I don't know whether that's 10 at a time (so take one off, and put one on in its place) or a requirement to pay after the first 10. Since most countries require several maps, I've definitely got more than that.

Does anyone use any other offline maps?

Strange one on Maps.Me. I've 16 countries downloaded. Downloaded Albania 2 days ago and no restriction. Just googled to ask if there's a limit and no hits. Just came up with phone storage issues.

That is odd. I also got a message that I'd reached my limit of saved spaces. That was on an iPad.

However, being able to transfer them all to Organic maps was a real bonus, because I have quite a lot; many with exact addresses and descriptions. And having two apps is probably good insurance too.

The only thing I couldn't see was how to set up an account on Organic Maps to do backups. Maybe you can't so I'll likely set it up on another device and update both with new finds.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back