map reading.......

pappajohn

hi samm,
isn't that what people used to do before satnav,s were invented.
something to do with paper and a thing called a compass. :D :D :D

john.

Hi John, I still use a map in conjunction with the sat nav. It saves some embarrasing situations, such as one way streets, & extremely narrow roads. etc. especially if you are in a strange area

My husband would rather not use Sat Nav when he's got
Sat Nag me.......

:D :D :D :D :D

jon , ur spot on mate, u cant beat the map and compass..

guess some people just dont like new fangled technology. only kidding, :D :D :D
but how many can use a sextant.:eek:

john

Hey John I can, we used to go sailing before we bought our "land yacht"

pappajohn said:
guess some people just dont like new fangled technology. only kidding, :D :D :D

john
a sextent, that sounds better than a map and compass haahaa

autosleeper said:
Hi John, I still use a map in conjunction with the sat nav. It saves some embarrasing situations, such as one way streets, & extremely narrow roads. etc. especially if you are in a strange area
yep like the six foot six wide track mine had me going toward lmfao its a good job its a machine lmfao

pappajohn said:

john
now i though we were talking about map reading here......iv used a sextant a few times...once was last night in my sleep with daniel craig.......:D :D :D
ok ok i am amusing myself here...gotto though havnt i..:D
so map reading yes i can do it..YES its true a woman can map read,and no i dont turn the map upside down...only had the sat nav for around 10 months before it was knicked last week...so im sure i ca:D n get back to it...:rolleyes:

Good for you Sam

I'm another who can map read and even if we go wrong I can usually get us back on track and pretend I meant to go that way (straighter, prettier etc.. all good excuses..)

hillwalker said:
:D i prefer the tom tom myself. hee hee:D :D :p

thats strange hilly, so do i............but with a theodolite you know your vans gonna be level.:cool: :cool:

pappajohn said:
thats strange hilly, so do i............but with a theodolite you know your vans gonna be level.:cool: :cool:
i use a glass of water..

gillr49 said:
Good for you Sam

I'm another who can map read and even if we go wrong I can usually get us back on track and pretend I meant to go that way (straighter, prettier etc.. all good excuses..)

hey gill us women know how to do it eh!! map read that is,but that dream i had last night was mint...do you know who daniel craig is...wow he is gorgeous..better than owen wilson as id forgotten about dc..how could i do that eh!! he can map read for me any day:D :D :D

autosleeper said:
extremely narrow roads. etc. especially if you are in a strange area

i have to agree there. mine tried (unsuccesfully)to turn me down a 175deg hairpin, single lane road in my 23ft kontiki. my first and only thought was 'who the f*** are you kidding':eek: . 4 miles further we found the other end of the 'road'.
john

one more post and i'v made three hundred. doh! this must be it then.:cool:

pappajohn said:
well you would...........:D :D :D
hhee hhee :D true mate true!!
my tomtom...well ex tomtom didnt cause me too many probs although common sense played a big role in that!! but once it took us down a narrow lane near caernarfon & it took longer cause i had to take it slow...thinking hell where we going!!:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back