Manchester Show

tresrikay

I am off to the Caravan and Motorhome show tomorrow, last time I went it was naff Motorhome wise but I thought I would give it a go. I will post tomorrow night and let you know its worth...Rick.

show

We are also going, hope it will be ok for a trip out LOL :D

I am down on Saturday, arent you glad your going tomorrow.LOL. Then again if report comes back negative, I might not bother.
Are thier any trade stands selling off end of line products.

Don

worth a look

Just returned from Manchester central (new name for G-Mex) and I must admit I was pleasantly surprised, last time I was there a grand total of seven M/Hs on show this time I would say nearly half the show is m/hs. Auto trail, Lunar, all swift brands,Compass and Explorer, timberland ( some crackers here),T.E.C, Dethleffs, Adria, Baveria, Burstner,Knaus ( smashing line up) Roller team, and Chausson, etc are all represented, No Hymers were on show and neither were auto sleepers, autocruise. Certainly worth the entrance fee and I managed to pick up some l.e.d. replacement bulbs consequently my wallet is now on strike. This is only a small show but traders seemed to be doing a roaring trade and the Tuggers seemed a bit annoyed at the upsurge in the m/h content. Any questions I will be happy to answer. well worth a 2/3 hour rummage.

Last edited:
Thanks Tresrikay

As I said , I am going Saturday so that was really helpful and encouraging.

Don

show

I have the opposite view, If you are going to look at MHs then OK, but for accessories, personally I thought it was rubbish, waste of £16.

I have the opposite view, If you are going to look at MHs then OK, but for accessories, personally I thought it was rubbish, waste of £16.

I got my tickets weeks ago £6 you were robbed @£16:eek:

Don

I only paid £5 for a ticket yesterday, It was Caravan club day members only paid £5, I certainly would'nt have paid £8.

Well,I'm going tommorrow (if I get up in time! Night worker here.) Oh,and I got my tickets for free !! ;):D I hope it's worth it ......

Well,I'm going tommorrow (if I get up in time! Night worker here.) Oh,and I got my tickets for free !! ;):D I hope it's worth it ......

I thought it was worth it, but FREE!!!!!! you have no room to complain:D

Hope you have a good day, Its Manic Down there.:eek:

I got a set of levelling blocks and pair of tyre grip mats for grass pitches.

Don

I thought it was worth it, but FREE!!!!!! you have no room to complain:D

Hope you have a good day, Its Manic Down there.:eek:

I got a set of levelling blocks and pair of tyre grip mats for grass pitches.

Don

Hi Don, dont rely on the grip mats as I have been stuck even with them:eek::D

I think it was your response that I have seen before, was it not you that said "put them down when you arrive and not when your leaving" or something like! Appreceate what your saying, have to try though.:cool:

Don

Got stuck

I think it was your response that I have seen before, was it not you that said "put them down when you arrive and not when your leaving" or something like! Appreceate what your saying, have to try though.:cool:

Don

Hi Don,
No it wasn't me, but when I first had a m/h, the weather was pretty good and I parked it on the front lawn:D.
We had a few rainy days and I was going away on the friday afternoon and I went to drive it off the lawn and it was stuck:eek:
Now I know not to let the wheels dig in and sink, but it happened even with the yellow mats.:eek::eek:
Every wheel sunk in, including the rears and I had to jack up all 4 wheels, put planks under and even have the car give a little help with a pull;)
4 hours latter we were on our way!:D
Never been stuck since that time as very careful now:D

Sorry for the miss quote.:eek:

I note what you are saying and appreciate your comments.:eek:

No grass parking for me.:cool:

Probably a bit late this but I thought the Manchester show dissapointing to say the least, plus we went with out money off vouchers so it proved expensive too. We went to offer our motorhome expereince to friends who are considering purchasing. It was more wothwhile going to Brownhills at Preston the following day.

Before the sun goes down on memories of Manchester. I saw a imported van, double birth across back over small garage type space, with shower and toilet every thing you would want. Suspect it was on the Hymer Corner as it was an import jobbie (left hand drive). Didnt get name as was a crowd round. Ideal for single me, rather than a 5 birth.:rolleyes:
Any one see it and clock the maker?

Don

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back