Make needed

stonedaddy

Hi anyone seen these shower mixer taps anywhere. Ive been scanning the net but with no luck up to now. There is no make on them and it must be about 26 years old. It had a small drip on it so I thought I would look into it and maybe put a couple of O rings in if needed. When I took it apart it flew into a thousand pieces with O rings, metal, washers, springs, wedge shaped rubber washers, and a very delicate micro switch. The system is a pressure system so dunno what the micro switch does but it is connected. When I got it all back together with a couple of new O rings the result was little drip now a little dribble. So need a new mixer tap the same as the one below.
.... Tom ....

image hosting site over 5mb

Hi SD,

If it's not just the shower end bit but the mechanism further back on the pipe work/tap I have seen complete units but with H/C taps as opposed to tap on sale in caravan parts suppliers as the shower end was/is quite a common fitting.

So the places I have seen them 'on the shelf' were Callenders Caravans, A6 Carnforth, and the place at Ulverston, name escapes me at the moment.

Perhaps try O'learys or Cak Tanks (or similar!) on line they both do bits n bobs.

May be a case of a new thingumybob altogether due to age.

Boots

If you cannot find original parts (or repair it), a lot of British made vans used a similar sort of system. My 56 reg Elddis was basically the same. You should be able to source those parts.

Hi David yes I am sure it has been opened and rebuilt before hence the cable ties I put back. When I rebuilt it there was no leaks at all at the mixer valve but they are all push fits and I had visions of one blowing apart in the past so I just put those back to be on the safe side. The leak is not external but it gets through the mixer valve and drips out of the shower / tap outlet. When the pressure drops the pump goes off and you jump out of bed in the middle of the night and run down the van to the cab bulk head to turn it off. You then have to do the same trip when you want it on again for water.
.... Tom ....

Looks like whale elegance range. I got some bits for mine from leisure shop direct.

Whale Elegance Range

Hi Edward, If it is anything to do with Whale I can't find one. I have seen similar but with twin taps. and the shower head / tap comes up through the middle of the taps. I may have to adapt one of these twin taps but it will depend on the hole centers and also having to drill a center hole in the sink unit. There is no make written on my parts but I have a feeling its a Truma has everything else on the van seems to be that make.
.... Tom ....

Morning Tom

Bardsea leisure in Ulverston is what Boots mentioned. Their phone number is 01229 584712.

Winks.

whale are just 14 miles from me in bangor co down,not sure if there open to public but if stuck i will try them for you.

whale are just 14 miles from me in bangor co down,not sure if there open to public but if stuck i will try them for you.

Thanks Trev but looks like David hit the jackpot with his Ebay find. So no need for you to do any more for me. Thanks for your offer much appreciated.
.... Tom ....

I tried what you have said and did a search again using images. I tried camper van mixer taps (images) and every tap in the world came up but not my one.
I then tried the same search with Hymer mixer in the the search then images and bugger me the one you showed me was the first one up. I clicked on it and Ebay says the item sold one in last hour. Phew I must have just got the next to the last one. That tap must be specially made for Hymer so don't know what its doing on a prehistoric Burstner.

I will drive it home with an old valve lifter with wood on each side when I get round to it later. I will let you know if the drip stops. Thanks for all the info.
.... Tom ....

I pressed the outer fittings right up tight but unfortunately the drip is still there. I suppose after 26 years it was due for a replacement and now one is on the way. I would like to thank everybody for there input and help, much appreciated.
.... Tom ....

The new second hand back axle is very elusive Baz. It was bought and paid for nearly a fortnight ago. It should have been here last Friday then Monday. I phone every day for a new excuse off them. In the meantime I decided to look at the tap which has been dripping more or less since we got the van. I have decided to do the AL-KO back axle myself if it ever arrives.
.... Tom ....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back