Maess Evolution.

izwozral

Saw this a few years ago on Ebay, it had 41,000 on the clock, I can't remember the price though. I really fancied it but someone beat me to it, I was gutted. It is an A class with monocoque shell. The mileage is too high for me now though. :(

Visited Maess about 15 years ago, liked the Evolution on the Sprinter chassis, they were only built to order.

Thought an a class was a van which was completely built from chassis up. Thats got a fiat ducato front end so is it not a c class coachbuilt?
It does look like an ordinary Fiat Ducato, but it's quite a bit wider, with the monocoque body attached, so it is built from the chassis up.
I was very tempted, by one of these, about 18 years ago, and looked at one at a show, and visited the uk agent, at Tattesrhall, several times.
It's the only A class, that has tempted me, because of it's design being similar to a normal van.

It does look like an ordinary Fiat Ducato, but it's quite a bit wider, with the monocoque body attached, so it is built from the chassis up.
I was very tempted, by one of these, about 18 years ago, and looked at one at a show, and visited the uk agent, at Tattesrhall, several times.
It's the only A class, that has tempted me, because of it's design being similar to a normal van.
I have an Autosleeper monocoque and the fiberglass body is a lot wider than the cab which started life as a chassis cab but it aint an a class.

It's not a Ducato cab though, just shares some OEM parts. The cab is wider, not just the body.
Wider grill and wider panels either side of bonnet give it away.

It's not a Ducato cab though, just shares some OEM parts. The cab is wider, not just the body.
Wider grill and wider panels either side of bonnet give it away.
Ah yes I see what you mean the wing tops are wider than a standard van teach me for looking at it on my phone :ROFLMAO:

Saw this a few years ago on Ebay, it had 41,000 on the clock, I can't remember the price though. I really fancied it but someone beat me to it, I was gutted. It is an A class with monocoque shell. The mileage is too high for me now though. :(

83k too high for a 2006?.?

Some people do actually use their vans Ral, I bet you have done more than that since 2006? I would prefer a more used mileage than a low mileage, I don’t think it does motors any good being stood 50 weeks a year

83k too high for a 2006?.?

Some people do actually use their vans Ral, I bet you have done more than that since 2006? I would prefer a more used mileage than a low mileage, I don’t think it does motors any good being stood 50 weeks a year
You are probably right Neil. I get wary of mh's that near 100k simply because you rarely see them, maybe down to body work failing on older models?

Actually, you got me thinking what mileage I have done since mhing, a rough estimate is about 80 - 100k but that is spread across six mh's. I guess I'm still looking for the perfect one?:)

The above is for the UK only, not included is approximately 20 - 25k done in NZ and Oz in three mh's. We have yet to do Europe in a mh, driven in a car only.

Think mine is getting around 125k now, being grounded last 6 months has saved a bit I guess

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back