M/H Plug in while at home

the only thing i do is run the heating once a week just to keep the damp at bay, if you are worried about your batteries then take the van for a good run once or twice a month. it is no good just charging the batteries from the mains you also have to think about your brake seasing disks rusting and also you clutch seasing up that will happen and will be expensive. a good excuse for a weekend away.[/QUOTE

I always leave 3 bowls of salt in the van during the winter
its amazing how they sook up the damp!
if the vans stationary for two weeks,
its surprising how much water has gathered

but the bowls of chips also get a little soggy too......

Like others I will sometimes put the charger on. However I have a Solar panel and a Van Bitz Battery Master which keeps both leisure and vehicle batteries topped up. I also try to give the MH a run at least every month in winter usually going to Shepton Mallet show in January, NEC Feb, although not this year so will go away sometime in Feb. March see more useage and then its all systems go ;)

So do I, I have a small trip in winter of about 1 hr every month. I'm happy and the batteries are happy.:rolleyes:

Winter warmth

We always leave the mains on through the winter with background heating running as we often roll at very short notice (6-8 hours). This ensures that all the bedding and clothing is kept dry and ready for use. Another bonus is that the water system is kept frost free. We've done this now for the last 15 years, the 2 before were a nightmare, bedding in and out, cold walls,wardrobes, etc.

We always leave the mains on through the winter with background heating running as we often roll at very short notice (6-8 hours). This ensures that all the bedding and clothing is kept dry and ready for use. Another bonus is that the water system is kept frost free. We've done this now for the last 15 years, the 2 before were a nightmare, bedding in and out, cold walls,wardrobes, etc.
Hi HerbieMick, sounds like you are geting soft i love it when its cold let me know i am still alive. :)

Last edited:
Hi Kate, you will find that if you put your m/h on hook up at home, there should be a built in cut off on the charger so that it will not overcharge.
If you read your handbook, it should say same.
Therefor there is no problem at all in leaving on hook:D up for longer periods.
That is what my hand book says

Yep even mine said that untill something went wrong and it cooked the battery. and still having problems even after fitting new battery.
See Overcharging/Undercharging.
:eek:
Don

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back