Lyme Regis parking

Shockingdog

Free Member
Has anyone stopped overnight on the long stay carpark in lime Lyme Regis.? I note the car parking fee for three days is there is £20. We are planning a short trip on the south coast and I am sorting out a few places to park up. any info re that area welcome.

yes

I'm here now and if your van is a standard size its two pounds a day and free over night

If its the car park Im thinking of I hope that you have really good ramps!

Hi ya,
Now what I am about to say will need confirmation but I used one of the 3 or 4 Long stay Car Parks late last year, I believe it was a council one, and for a Motorhome it was free from 20:00 Till 08:00 Then £1 an hour during the day !....I Think ! ,,,,Anyway I arrived around 22:00, stayed until mid day & it cost me £8 ish or so for two bays...

Last edited by a moderator:
Parking Lyme - south coast

Has anyone stopped overnight on the long stay carpark in lime Lyme Regis.? I note the car parking fee for three days is there is £20. We are planning a short trip on the south coast and I am sorting out a few places to park up. any info re that area welcome.
Always thought there was no overnight sleeping in both large car parks in Lyme. Alternative - as you enter Lyme from Charmouth, road does a sharp right past some new builds. Carry straight on - past golf club - parking on left on sharp right hand bend. (The Spitals - US army camp during WW2). If your meet the main road you have gone too far!
Abbotsbury - lime kiln on road to Hardys Monument - flat and level and great walks!
West Bay - possible parking behind old railway station - always vans parked there.
Above Abbotsbury before you drop down the hill. Signed Ashley chase - parking by hill fort - can be very windy!
Not very motorhome friendly in Dorset but better than Cornwall!!
Diplodicus

parking

Always thought there was no overnight sleeping in both large car parks in Lyme. Alternative - as you enter Lyme from Charmouth, road does a sharp right past some new builds. Carry straight on - past golf club - parking on left on sharp right hand bend. (The Spitals - US army camp during WW2). If your meet the main road you have gone too far!
Abbotsbury - lime kiln on road to Hardys Monument - flat and level and great walks!
West Bay - possible parking behind old railway station - always vans parked there.
Above Abbotsbury before you drop down the hill. Signed Ashley chase - parking by hill fort - can be very windy!
Diplodicus

parking at bangor harbour c/park n/wales also llanrwst behind police stn .pj

Alternative - as you enter Lyme from Charmouth, road does a sharp right past some new builds. Carry straight on - past golf club - parking on left on sharp right hand bend. (The Spitals - US army camp during WW2). If your meet the main road you have gone too far!

Thanks for this I used this spot, sleeping in my car (bed in the back and window shades), last week no issues.

Diplodicus
West Bexington along from Abbotsbury is free overnight. There`s a pub close by and a café that`s open in the day time.
A good spot for a bit of sea fishing if that`s your thing.

West Bexington along from Abbotsbury is free overnight. There`s a pub close by and a café that`s open in the day time.
A good spot for a bit of sea fishing if that`s your thing.

I believe that overnight parking is prohibited ...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back