Luss Loch Lomond

Wully

Past by luss on the A82 a couple of times lately can just see from main rd that there’s a big new style car park being built behind Luss hotel it looks like it’s for motorhome parking big gravel bays. Looks like a french style aire defiantly looks like a motorhome facility with loads of bays. I’ll need to take a run up one night this week and investigate properly. Area could really use something like that.

Know what you mean Bill. Anything in that location won’t have too try hard for customers. It will be that old supply and demand scenario they’ll be able to charge what they want and get it. On my recent trip up north I seen loads of farms small holdings and businesses with camping set ups stuff I’ve never seen before hopefully this is for the good of us lot once the hordes can get back to Tenerife and the costas.

Unfortunately, I doubt it will deter the tent brigade from leaving their mess behind. Be good for mhers though.

Yes Ral sadly I agree, and also sadly as last year you will see the pictures of the mess these people leave with photos of Motorhomes in the foreground. I saw a picture last year with a Motorhome parked up on a carpark with tents and rubbish left on a beach. Obviously nothing to do with the Motorhome, but the headline read council considering banning Motorhomes
Makes my blood boil, of for a coffee before my BP hits the roof. :mad:

Well you say supply and demand but the businesses in the old information centre couldn’t keep afloat so mustn’t have been getting enough trade.
Not sure where you mean by hotel Wully, is that where the visitors/information centre was?

Hi Neil from where I could see looking down from A82 it’s the bit between A82 and old Luss rd just before the hotel. I knew the guy who had that visitor centre and it was a big scam from day one big loans and grants with investors who didn’t know the area this guys been doing stuff like that all over the world for years last I heard he’d been chased out of New Zealand.
96E05DFF-1DD3-492F-A10D-EE95B604ED1F.jpeg

On the Luss Estates page they also mention employing a community warden.

Good news on both fronts. Sounds like the community warden is a pretty good move - and it's a proper paid job, not just left to willing volunteers with a social conscience! 😡

Short of educating the ignorant toe rags who leave their litter and rubbish everywhere - which will take a huge effort and not happen overnight - it's a good idea for instantly dealing with the problem on the ground. Pity lots of other places in the UK couldn't adopt a similar approach, it could make a big difference to our environment.

Marie there is funding from the Scottish Government for community groups to employ wardens or rangers. Highland Council are employing rangers 20 I think to patrol the hotspots. There is a second tranche of funding being bid for just now so more rangers/ wardens before the main summer holidays. We might even get one for Tinto!

Don’t know if any of you remember the woman who had that kiosk at the old petrol station and used to sell the Luss ducks but it was owned by Luss estates and the story was they hounded her out because they could make more money.
Time will tell but I hope they don’t come up with stupid prices. Then again it will bring in those who don’t mind paying more than cl’s just to stay on a camp site and leave wild spots for us :)

Scotland does seem to be leading the way in pro-actively dealing with increased tourism and motorhomes/camping etc. (y)

Hope the message gets through to other governments/councils to up their ante in the same way - or at least not block private landowners from opening up their outdoor spaces for overnighting ;)

Don’t know if any of you remember the woman who had that kiosk at the old petrol station and used to sell the Luss ducks but it was owned by Luss estates and the story was they hounded her out because they could make more money.
Time will tell but I hope they don’t come up with stupid prices. Then again it will bring in those who don’t mind paying more than cl’s just to stay on a camp site and leave wild spots for us :)
Luss estates are taking everything they can back in hand as they know they can get silly money.
After last years chaos lots of wild spots are still blockaded off. When I was up in Perthshire at the backend of last year there were boulders on all the possible laybyes. A friend up there has told me they are still there. There will be many fewer free spots from now on.

Ive posted a comment on the Luss Estates car park link.

Not been up there for years. There used to be a nice hotel at the top end of the lake I used to sometimes stay at if I was working in Glasgow. Loved it up there.

Ive posted a comment on the Luss Estates car park link.

Not been up there for years. There used to be a nice hotel at the top end of the lake I used to sometimes stay at if I was working in Glasgow. Loved it up there.
Cmon Barry! Loch not lake! 😱🤷‍♂️😂😂😂

I think the hotel was up on the bend at Tarbert. Dont think it was the Drovers. Cant remember, its over 20 years ago now.

Sorry yes "Loch". Bluddy funny foreigners!!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back