Lpg bbq

mikedd1966

Hi...

1st time of post a question.

I have an LPG tank on my camper and just about to purchase a bbq so then question is what is the maximum hose length?

Thanks in advance :cheers

You can get 10m lengths off ebay but you would be worn out running back and forth to MH - BBQ!

I am with you Rog simply because I have never seen anyone BBQing further away from the MH than that.

Come on Charlie, reveal all.

I am with you Rog simply because I have never seen anyone BBQing further away from the MH than that.

Come on Charlie, reveal all.

I feel sorry for the OP. All he did was ask a question. Why is the answer such a big secret?
It was his first ever question to this forum, I know what he must be thinking now.

i have a 2.5mt hose on my bbq simply to be able to get the grill round the back of the van out of the wind etc without damaging the paintwork , the concern of the 1.5 mtr restriction is the wasted gas more impoertantly the hose should be examined frequently for signs of perishing just fold it & look for cracking, the 2.5 is simply half a 5mt role of e bay was about £7:50

Because I answered this question not very long ago and was immediately told I was wrong by some Silicone Bob and his band of PTFE bandits ( diy experts )
The regulations state no more than 2 metres of flexible hose the reason mainly being the possibility of pressure loss possibly making the appliance unsafe to use .
The example given by an expert was that the roofers use very long hoses for their torches on roofs and as they are professionals it must be ok ? :cry::scared:
The reason they can use longer hoses is they use high pressure regulators that would cause some interesting results in a motorhome :scared:

Reca 912 0.5 -4 Bar High Pressure Propane Gas Regulator | Buy now from gasproducts.co.uk

Yes I heard the myth about roofers having long hoses, firemen too apparently :giggle:

Mikedd1966 op

Take Cheerful Charlies word for it, on anything gas he can be trusted.

Just don't let him talk you into buying a Fiat based Hymer, it'll be all lies!:)

No myth we roofers do have exceedingly large hoses and very high pressure regulators that can adjust ive got some that are over6 meters long but we don’t use jubilee clips every end and joint is professionally crimped and tested under pressure. The longest ide use for a domestic bbq would be 2 maybe 3 meters at a push. All my hoses are replaced every two years at a cost but keeps my insurance company.

No myth we roofers do have exceedingly large hoses and very high pressure regulators that can adjust ive got some that are over6 meters long but we don’t use jubilee clips every end and joint is professionally crimped and tested under pressure. The longest ide use for a domestic bbq would be 2 maybe 3 meters at a push. All my hoses are replaced every two years at a cost but keeps my insurance company.

Jeez Wully. 6 meter regulator must be a real pig to cart about :)

Because I answered this question not very long ago and was immediately told I was wrong by some Silicone Bob and his band of PTFE bandits ( diy experts )
The regulations state no more than 2 metres of flexible hose the reason mainly being the possibility of pressure loss possibly making the appliance unsafe to use .
The example given by an expert was that the roofers use very long hoses for their torches on roofs and as they are professionals it must be ok ? :cry::scared:
The reason they can use longer hoses is they use high pressure regulators that would cause some interesting results in a motorhome :scared:

Reca 912 0.5 -4 Bar High Pressure Propane Gas Regulator | Buy now from gasproducts.co.uk

There you are Charlie, that didn’t hurt too much did it. If you know the answer, and when it comes to gas, I know that you do, it doesn’t matter how many people rubbish your input, if you are right leave it to other people to show how ignorant of the regulations they can be.
Just for the record, Cadac recommend between 800mm and 1.5m. I would imagine they have allowed a margin of safety in there.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back