LPG app

Thanks for the heads up.Travelling down to cornwall again next week and was planning to top up at M5 junc 25 sainsburys.Was ok a couple weeks back but now showing unavailable.There are others enroute so I,ll alter plans accordingly and phone ahead first.

Because of the scarcity of outlets we have replaced our 6kg tank with an 11kg so now we have 2x 11kg which should last us a month or more.
Little question for you ... How much do you get in the 11Kg Tank?
Filled my Gaslow bottle from empty for the first time yesterday - put in 19.37L (@ 69.9p/L) until it cut out. Sounds about right?

Filled my Gaslow bottle from empty for the first time yesterday - put in 19.37L (@ 69.9p/L) until it cut out. Sounds about right?
Gaslow state 22.5ltrs in an 11kg bottle at 80% rate.

I topped up yesterday locally just to be sure John Stayte services BS23 3YX.
13.89 ltrs @0.7170 =£9.96.

I was told that at first fill they don't quite go to capacity but do after, not sure how true that is but seems right with yours. The Gaslow 11kg holds 21L @ 80%.

I was told that at first fill they don't quite go to capacity but do after, not sure how true that is but seems right with yours. The Gaslow 11kg holds 21L @ 80%.
I wouldn't be surprised if "empty" doesn't mean actually empty anyway.
The bottle was empty in that no gas coming out to run cooker or fridge, but probably just so little left the pressure not enough rather than truely empty? (same as a 'dead' battery is never actually 100% depleted).
1.6L left in a 25L (total capacity) tank would certainly be pretty low :) So looks like I have around 19L available LPG on my setup. Handy to know (y)

Just made a comparison of mylpg.eu. with filllpg.co.uk and the .eu app is showing several lpg outlets as having gas that are now showing as temporarily un supplied by filllpg. When there was a similar gas shortage a couple of years back the .eu app got very out of date, which is why I put more trust in the filllpg site. Granted the .eu app is more user user friendly but it is only useful if kept up to date.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back