Low watts plug in heater

Not really, the little 400w at one end and the 1500w at the other is still pulling less power than the 2Kw one I used to use, and it spreads the heat better.

Don't know what sort of campsites you use but I can't ever remember being on a UK site that only has a 6 amp EHU, even abroad the last one I saw was back in 2008. Even so, 6 x 230v = 1,380 watts, so one like I used to use which had a 1Kw setting would be fine, or you could have 2 or even 3 of the 400w ones on.

I didn't pay anything like 40 quid for mine, it was under twenty. Can't remember where I got it now - B&M, Home Bargains or Wilko, probably.
Last CL site we were on had 10A electric and a sign saying NO AWNING HEATERS. There was a post on the Caravan Club site earlier in the year asking what was the best heater for the awning as they wanted something they could leave on all the while. Whatever happened to camping.

Thanks. How do you use/connect that when on the move to plug the mini heater into to warm the footwell. My inverter (not powerful enough) plugs into the cigarette lighter socket. Yours seems to have clips? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.
Mine is hard wired to the battery and hidden with electrics unit, then wired to a socket at footwell.
Think you had better get some one to set up this for you.
socket a.jpg
socket.jpg

Last edited:
Barry i buy all this guff thinking I’ll give it a try and I have one the same as in the photos above and truthfully they are 💩 unless you have it inserted somewhere they are useless it heats about 6 inches around . You can have mine for free if you want It.
The little plug in does look like just a toy! 😀

We were fulltiming last winter in UK and had EHU so bought a 1200w oil filled radiator with three settings, but only ever needed it on 600w with thermostat at mid position so just clicking in and out occasionally. Not instant heat but nice, steady and silent. So guess that about 400w or so of heat should be sufficient even in winter in a reasonably well insulated motorhome.

Last CL site we were on had 10A electric and a sign saying NO AWNING HEATERS. There was a post on the Caravan Club site earlier in the year asking what was the best heater for the awning as they wanted something they could leave on all the while. Whatever happened to camping.
Heating awnings is just a waste of power, plus some people think they can have a 3 Kw heater out there as well as the heating in the van - a 10 amp EHU can't handle all that, only 2,300 watts.

The little ones do look like a toy but mine is really effective when plugged in the socket below the table and I'm sat at the table - have to move my feet 'cos they get too hot. I don't suppose it would be much good in a gin palace but it's great in my little van.

Hi ya Gang 😊,
I have to say I laughingly shrugged the idea of these little heaters off as a bit of a Christmas Stocking filler idea, BUT I was having Cuppa one evening with a mate of mine in his van who actually had one going at one of my Site Stopovers & must admit,,,,
I was presently surprised just how effective it was 🤔,,
However, He bought 3 of them, & was on his 3rd in less than a year, One of which he Kicked clean out of the Socket smashing the cover as it does protrude a fair bit into the tiny foot well area where the socket was & took some getting use to.
The 2nd just stopped working.
So,,,Not for me, But are affective & I can see the appeal is my view.

Takes ABSOLUTELY AGES to make Toast on though 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hi ya Gang 😊,
I have to say I laughingly shrugged the idea of these little heaters off as a bit of a Christmas Stocking filler idea, BUT I was having Cuppa one evening with a mate of mine in his van who actually had one going at one of my Site Stopovers & must admit,,,,
I was presently surprised just how effective it was 🤔,,
However, He bought 3 of them, & was on his 3rd in less than a year, One of which he Kicked clean out of the Socket smashing the cover as it does protrude a fair bit into the tiny foot well area where the socket was & took some getting use to.
The 2nd just stopped working.
So,,,Not for me, But are affective & I can see the appeal is my view.

Takes ABSOLUTELY AGES to make Toast on though 🤷🏻‍♂️
But it takes ages to warm a van with a toaster

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back