Low power inverter for braun electric toothbrush

jagmanx

My existing low power inverter (probably not pure sine wave) has caused electric tooth brushes to fail.

Any ideas please.

All my other gizmos are ok either off 12v or USB or existing inverte
Thanks

We use a 300w PURE SINEWAVE inverter to charge SWMBO's toothbrush and other things. When the old one FAILED we sent it back and they sent us a new one :eek:. If it's just the tooth brush any small sinewave inverter will do.

If you are any good with a bit of DIY I bought a DC coverter from ebay and fitted inside the tooth brush. They have a small 3v motor in them so just removed it and the battery and fitted the little board. You will find that it's the base unit thats had it so tooth brush will possibly Ok.

Buck stepdown converter 12v to 3v

Last edited:
I'd be interested in one of these too. We (well, that's stretching the point) have a need for a decent 230v hairdryer. Mind you, I think we're talking 1500w+, so maybe that's not low power!

I'd be interested in one of these too. We (well, that's stretching the point) have a need for a decent 230v hairdryer. Mind you, I think we're talking 1500w+, so maybe that's not low power!

Room for 4 batteries?
150 amps might be a stretch for the cigarette lighter socket as well.

Thanks all

For the various replies.
Pure sinewave inverters too costly.
So either a battery only
Or
Usb powered (1st choice)

My existing low power inverter (probably not pure sine wave) has caused electric tooth brushes to fail. Any ideas please. All my other gizmos are ok either off 12v or USB or existing inverte
Thanks

There was a thread a few days ago about these chargers and the general opinion was that most of them aren't suitable for use with inverters

Philips make a USB chargeable toothbrush but the cheapest I've found it for so far is £139

Whats wrong with the time served hand op tooth brush,get a grip folks,next it will be battery operated tea stirrer.:lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::wave:

In theory, a QI inductive charger will charge a toothbrush from USB. I found that it makes the toothbrush charging light flash, but even 24 hours of charging makes no improvement in the battery level.
A toothbrush is the only thing that really needs a pure sine wave inverter. I do have one just for that, but I try not to use it: it uses more 12v power than I like, even with just a tiny load.
You can buy electric toothbrushes that will charge from a USB supply, but the price is ridiculous.

Philips make a USB chargeable toothbrush but the cheapest I've found it for so far is £139

The one i quoted was advertised on sale at £18.99

I have a USB rechargeable sonic toothbrush from Boots, it has a 2 minute timer on it, the initial charge lasted for 3 months - amazing!

Beware. Do not use ...

Do NOT use a " Modified Sine Wave " inverter for a Braun charger, it will burn out. ( Guess how I know. ) Braun need a PURE since wave.

However Phillips chargers work for Braun and are quite happy with a modified since wave, I've used one for four years.

Do get the smallest inverter you can find. I have a 150W which will recharge my bike and toothbrush etc. If you get a bigger one then you may find that it does not like working at a very low wattage such as a small charger. The 300W inverter I was given has a minimum output of 5 Watts.

Two + years ago the Phillip diamond was the only USB chargeable toothbrush on the market. We bought one and change the heads - black and white. Still functioning fine ... should be for what it cost. Could've gone battery operated route, using rechargeable batteries, but wanted one that gives a good clean.
Worth the money ... fingers crossed it does not give up on us now!

I have a Colgate electric toothbrush. It is horrid.

I also have one which came from Lidl a few years ago. Slightly better and it takes proper batteries, but still not a patch on an Oral B or a Braun.

And to anyone who thinks hand brushing is as good, try asking your dentist!

Funny enough, I have had this conversation with my dentist that I have been going to for the last 30 years, his father was also a dentist.

Toothpaste, they are all the same as long as they have fluoride :hammer:

If you want a cheaper option then use table salt. :bow:

Floss in between your teeth, p or b shape flossers are easy to use and cheap.

If you can afford the extra expense then use inter-dental brushes to also clean between your teeth.

No batteries, no inverters and can be left in your campervan ready to go away.:hammer:

The answer to good teeth is good saliva but sorry you can't buy that. :scared:

:rulez::rulez::rulez:

Whats wrong with the time served hand op tooth brush,get a grip folks,next it will be battery operated tea stirrer.:lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::wave:
then the rechargable one,then the more robust 'adventure' model followed by the lightweight 'iso-sports' model.
all the best,
Jan

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back