Low cost AHC

number14

For all you frequent channel hoppers, I know that there are ways to get an EU pet passport but, for those of us who only venture abroad once in a while, an AHC is the way to go. Most vets want north of £200 although there are a few low cost online services based near some ports.

I've just used a new service, AHC Direct, who offer a service across four areas of the centre of the country. £100 and all went very smoothly and professionally.

Check it out here:

Just to add that we have now crossed the channel and flourished the AHC in front of various officials.

'Alles einordnung' as they say.

(Actually we're in France, but I can't remember the French for 'all was in order'!)

For all you frequent channel hoppers, I know that there are ways to get an EU pet passport but, for those of us who only venture abroad once in a while, an AHC is the way to go. Most vets want north of £200 although there are a few low cost online services based near some ports.

I've just used a new service, AHC Direct, who offer a service across four areas of the centre of the country. £100 and all went very smoothly and professionally.

Check it out here:

I've used them too. There is something mildly exciting about arranging to meet a tall, good looking, younger man in Waitrose car park Monmouth on a Friday evening.😺

We use Abbeywell Vets in Folkestone £99. Pick up the AHC on route to the tunnel. Don't forget if you head into France and are then heading off to Spain, Germany Etc then you need to get PAGE 8 completed as that tells anyone who looks at the paperwork exactly when you arrived and where. Abbeywell is cheaper the second time you use them.

I've used them too. There is something mildly exciting about arranging to meet a tall, good looking, younger man in Waitrose car park Monmouth on a Friday evening.😺
Surely not as romantic as Cardiff gate services off the M4 on a wet Monday evening.

Seriously, I was a bit sceptical about their system of meeting in various car parks to scan the dog and handover the docs. I did some due diligence by searching for the vets' past history and checking their registration numbers. In the event I can assure others it's all genuine, as, indeed, Sharon the Cat also found.

Surely not as romantic as Cardiff gate services off the M4 on a wet Monday evening.

Seriously, I was a bit sceptical about their system of meeting in various car parks to scan the dog and handover the docs. I did some due diligence by searching for the vets' past history and checking their registration numbers. In the event I can assure others it's all genuine, as, indeed, Sharon the Cat also found.
Just a different form of dogging.

We use Abbeywell Vets in Folkestone £99. Pick up the AHC on route to the tunnel. Don't forget if you head into France and are then heading off to Spain, Germany Etc then you need to get PAGE 8 completed as that tells anyone who looks at the paperwork exactly when you arrived and where. Abbeywell is cheaper the second time you use them.
I have just booked AHC Direct again for this year's trip and as I've used them before, it's only £80.

We couldn't last time, but we already have our appointment booked this year. Of course we need the AHC to get to the European vet!
We will travel back on it too, to save space in the passport.
We had to take our daughters dog back to Spain with us last year. AHC to get over channel and then EU passport in Spain obtained , about 50 euro I think and lasts a lifetime. I have heard many vets in France will also do this using campsite address. Might be worth you checking out ?

have heard many vets in France will also do this using campsite address
Not any more. To get a passport in France, the dog has to be on the ICAD database first (and that isn't quick or easy) and I've heard, but not substantiated, that French vets have been told not to issue passports to non-nationals. I don't know whether that is by the government or their regulatory body, but in any case it's very hard to get one in France now.

Not any more. To get a passport in France, the dog has to be on the ICAD database first (and that isn't quick or easy) and I've heard, but not substantiated, that French vets have been told not to issue passports to non-nationals. I don't know whether that is by the government or their regulatory body, but in any case it's very hard to get one in France now.
OK, still pretty easy in Spain as I understand.

We had to take our daughters dog back to Spain with us last year. AHC to get over channel and then EU passport in Spain obtained , about 50 euro I think and lasts a lifetime. I have heard many vets in France will also do this using campsite address. Might be worth you checking out ?
As I said, we already have our appointment booked.
We are not getting one in France. We could do, using my friend's address and vet, registering our dog on the French database, but I'd rather spend my Euros where they will be more welcome.

Back