Lourdes France

bilbao camper

I am planning to visit the area around Lourdes can any body give me good spots in and around the town.I have a good spot in my own town of Algorta which is on the coast 15k from bilbao,its the Old Port just follow the road along the coast till it ends good for sea fishing and 800metres from the metro to Bilbao any one wanting information on the Basque Country can contact me

I am planning to visit the area around Lourdes can any body give me good spots in and around the town.I have a good spot in my own town of Algorta which is on the coast 15k from bilbao,its the Old Port just follow the road along the coast till it ends good for sea fishing and 800metres from the metro to Bilbao any one wanting information on the Basque Country can contact me
Thanks for the add and welcome,:)
I've posted a list under thread European>France> 65 Hautes Pyrenees.
Altough this info is now 5 years old, it gives a hint. Prices certainly went up.
Hasta la vista :D

Thanks for the information about Algorta - we may well be in that area around April and will certainly visit and maybe stay.

I'm sorry I can't help much with Lourdes - when we visited Lourdes quite a long time ago, maybe as many as ten years ago, we did free-camp for two nights. The first, before our one day visit to Lourdes, on the motorway services near Tarbes. The second, after our visit, towards Bayonne at Peyrehorada.

Looking, just now, at the French Guide Nationale (the white one) the nearest free Aire is at Sauvagnon on the other side of the motorway about 10km from Pau. Not too far from Lourdes for day trips into the town. When we were there parking in the town was easy, I think it was March or April so not too busy.

Tom

Hi
If you go to http://i-campingcar.fr/aires/accueil.htm you will have options to search for both aires and stopping places in not only the Haute Pyreenes but the rest of France. This information is a lot more up to date than that posted by 'Belgian' and based on peoples actual recent experience.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back