Lost in France 2022 ?

We are there now.
Do you have anymore recommendations for this area
And so are we, (Robert and Jane) parked up as I write, a few yards from Richard and Helen, who came to say hello after spotting our green "W" sticker this morning. Off to visit our daughter and family tomorrow who live outside Basel.

While visiting the village this morning twe received an undated and untimed parking ticket at the Aire despite having our correctly paid 24hr ticket to stay clearly visible in the windscreen. I've triple checked our payment ticket and all is in order including the correct reg number. Apparently the policeman took a photo of our van, according to a neighbour and also kindly unplugged our electrics. Everything closed today (Sunday) so will try to rectify tomorrow. How? Or should we just drive away and forget it???

While visiting the village this morning twe received an undated and untimed parking ticket at the Aire despite having our correctly paid 24hr ticket to stay clearly visible in the windscreen. I've triple checked our payment ticket and all is in order including the correct reg number. Apparently the policeman took a photo of our van, according to a neighbour and also kindly unplugged our electrics. Everything closed today (Sunday) so will try to rectify tomorrow. How? Or should we just drive away and forget it???
Sorted..ticket cancelled at the Marie. Jane even found the guy that put it there. "I mustn't have seen it!" says he ......🤔

We are now in Montsoreau, one of France's Pretty Villages. I'll do photos tomorrow. It's been hot, about 30⁰.

But the main reason for this post is that there's a bridge over the Loire about ½ a mile from the town on the Saumur side. It is not for the faint hearted, we only just managed to get past a narrower type van with all our wing mirrors pulled in. If we had met another coach built van or similar, someone would have been reversing. If anyone is travelling between Saumur and here, use the south side of the river.

Screenshot_20220912-224650.png

Thanks for that advice.

I note on Streetview that it advises against crossing in vehicles greater than 2m in width.

That will include most motorhomes.

Been over that in Ducati panel van. Bit tense to say the least…. Now at start of Ardeche Gorges, blooming warm to say the least.

If only I had a predictive head to match it….actually the idea of a Ducati along our route this morning is quite appealing!

Thanks all
Enjoyed our stay at Goncourt. Cycled out to the Ancienne cité de la Mothe. Lovely, quiet place made slightly more interesting by coming across a bloke ambling along only wearing a T shirt. Local habit?
Got any pics :unsure:

Wish I'd seen that earlier! Can I ask, how do you find that? For future reference ...
The approach to the bridge has a warning sign visible clearly in the Streetview image.

It's easy to miss such signs of course but I'm relieved that the bridge is signed appropriately.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back