Looks like france is in lockdown.

I don’t think there is any question of rationing. There are no shortages in the supply chain, just short term shortages caused by the selfish few panic buying things that were never in short supply anyway.
Panic buying isn’t about actual shortages, it’s about the perception caused by apparent shortages - e.g. empty shelves and irresponsible media coverage.

And thats with a vaccine available.......
Flu mutates and there are hundreds of different sorts. The seasonal flu virus takes a bit over 15 months to produce, so it focusses on the strains that were considered most likely 18 months before. Other strains are not protected against. If the take-up of the seasonal flu jabb is sufficient, those strains won't be able to spread.
So you're unlikely to catch the flu strains it protects you from, but you are likely to catch the others.
There really isn't a vaccine for influenza.

So are some small villages in Spain are now stopping any one going in or just passing through

Flu mutates and there are hundreds of different sorts. The seasonal flu virus takes a bit over 15 months to produce, so it focusses on the strains that were considered most likely 18 months before. Other strains are not protected against. If the take-up of the seasonal flu jabb is sufficient, those strains won't be able to spread.
So you're unlikely to catch the flu strains it protects you from, but you are likely to catch the others.
There really isn't a vaccine for influenza.
I have the flu jab every year, I believe it is considered about 60% effective most years for the reasons you outline.Still worth a punt though.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back