Long time no see..!

Thanks for the welcome back everybody!
my van build might happen quicker than expected, I’ve managed to acquire……. Toilet, cooker/hob, sink, foam, solar panel, tv aerial, everything but the fridge as they say 😆
just waiting for my v5 so I can tax and have my hand controls fitted, then hopefully Paul (flyby) and I can crack on..!!
If you mean literally "everything but the fridge", then I have a great fridge available! It is 240V so runs off an inverter, but very efficient and as good as any 12V Compressor Fridge but around 1/8th the price :)

(not tried the two together, but I may well have the inverter that you could run it from as well?)

If you mean literally "everything but the fridge", then I have a great fridge available! It is 240V so runs off an inverter, but very efficient and as good as any 12V Compressor Fridge but around 1/8th the price :)

(not tried the two together, but I may well have the inverter that you could run it from as well?)
I’ve just read most of the fridge threads concerning compressor versus 240v, (im even more confused 😆) but from what I can gather you need a fairly meaty battery system? At the moment my battery system would be 120w solar/1x110ah battery!
I could stretch to 2 batteries, certainly cant afford lithium plus the van value wouldn’t warrant it 😆 this build is budget and basic.

I’ve just read most of the fridge threads concerning compressor versus 240v, (im even more confused 😆) but from what I can gather you need a fairly meaty battery system? At the moment my battery system would be 120w solar/1x110ah battery!
I could stretch to 2 batteries, certainly cant afford lithium plus the van value wouldn’t warrant it 😆 this build is budget and basic.
Well.... You need about the same amount of power available for either type of Compressor Fridge (12V or 240V), but you are right to say that you would need a decent battery system for that type of fridge compared to a 3-Way Fridge.

PHEW! glad your holding off on the fridge I’m already bringing solar panel, sink and electrical stuff from Scotland not sure I can fit much more in. 😂😂

I want to give a big thankyou to Annie and Wildebus! To Annie thankyou for the things you have donated to my new van build and for collecting stuff on your Scotland trip! And to Wildebus, thankyou for the solar panel and extra bits you have given me, all are very much appreciated!
I finally got my van to my garden yesterday ready to start the build, after a couple of weeks of moving boats and birthday celebrations let work commence!! 😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back