Long Overdue Thread .....

wildebus

Yup, that's right. Time for a Toilet Thread!!! :D :poop:

Got a new Thetford cassette jobby a while back and noticed that there is a sprung-loaded thingamajig on the top, adjacent to the yellow rotating whatsisname
On the new cassette it has a definate action and the spring action is quite strong. On the old cassette, it is stuck up and doesn't press in.

Thetford
by David, on Flickr

But just a little question .... What is that for and is it important it moves?

interesting. so on the old cassette it is always up - so closed. Maybe meant to push it in before emptying?

Didn't someone here post about a problem with opening the flat and being 'annointed' by the contents due to pressure build up at altitude?

I do recall that post! :ROFLMAO:

That's it sorted then, end of the shortest ever toilet thread ............

or is it 🤔🤔🤔🤣🤣

interesting. so on the old cassette it is always up - so closed. Maybe meant to push it in before emptying?

Didn't someone here post about a problem with opening the flap and being 'annointed' by the contents due to pressure build up at altitude?
I had that happen to me once, a new van in 2001 and drove to Spain, we were crossing the Pyrenees and I went to the loo, as I opened the flap it sprayed out and I was covered in it, you have no idea how pleased I was that the shower was one step away 🤣

OK ..... the holy trinity has appeared .....

1. Toilet Thread
2. Mention of :poop:
3. Movie

There can be only one answer .....

2:30 in is the classic bit if you can't hold it ;)

Brother-in-law ( an ex teacher so knows everything ) got a caravan because he thought it would be a good idea and lots of cheap breaks away 🤔

He`d never been camping or anything before so me and the father-in-law, both of us long time motorhomers tried to help him with a few pointers but he`d wouldn`t listen saying those immortal words ................................................ how hard can it be o_O .

We particularly told him to make sure he PRESSED THE YELLOW BUTTON when empting the cassette because it lets air into the cassette then you don`t get the vacuum build up inside and the contents will come out easier.

He forgot and because it wasn`t emptying out well he shook the cassette hard then the nice ripe contents came out all over his brand new jeans and trainers :)

Every time i see him now i ask him if he`s having a shyte day :cool:

Around 6 years ago my daughter and I went to to the states for the solar eclipse, hired a camper and traveled as round doing many of the national parks. One evening we arrived high in the Tetons after traveling a couple of hundred miles from a much lower altitude. My daughter used the loo and opening the flap to flush we witnessed a huge bang and the contents of the pan were hurled out all over the van. Fortunately she'd only had a No1 but the mess is still remembered by us as "the night of the exploding bog".

Brother-in-law ( an ex teacher so knows everything ) got a caravan because he thought it would be a good idea and lots of cheap breaks away 🤔

He`d never been camping or anything before so me and the father-in-law, both of us long time motorhomers tried to help him with a few pointers but he`d wouldn`t listen saying those immortal words ................................................ how hard can it be o_O .

We particularly told him to make sure he PRESSED THE YELLOW BUTTON when empting the cassette because it lets air into the cassette then you don`t get the vacuum build up inside and the contents will come out easier.

He forgot and because it wasn`t emptying out well he shook the cassette hard then the nice ripe contents came out all over his brand new jeans and trainers :)

Every time i see him now i ask him if he`s having a shyte day :cool:
Have to say I usually forget to press the yellow button and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back