London Low Emission Zone - Phase 2

Nosha

Beware as of Monday July 7th phase two of the LLEZ kicks in, this means diesel engined HGV's over 3.5t and under 12t plus buses with more than 9 seats, ambulances and MOTOR CARAVANS will need a certificate to say they comply with Euro 3 particulate emissions to drive within the zone or face a DAILY charge of £200!!!!!!!!!!

And they say this is not a stealth tax!!!!!!!!!

we are running a new a69( as tested in this months practical m/h) its 3850kg max-not that we will be in the big smoke but do we need a certificate?-and where do i get one...

ok,i would like to think that it will comply but i dont want to be hit with a £200 whack.

been on london transport site,did check and we are ok.thanks

ive seen these dam things there is lots near heathrow
more cameras
less freedom
more freedom
emigrate

Forget my last - it's not ok from today. Site is misleading.

we are running a new a69( as tested in this months practical m/h) its 3850kg max-not that we will be in the big smoke but do we need a certificate?-and where do i get one...
you are fine for now as you are under 4000kg but how long for who knows

Green taxes

Hi all, Its not just the UK that is going mad with all things green being good, Germany as new green taxes for motorhomes depending on their weight, starts at around 200 euros per year for the lighter makes and upto 1100 euros per year for over 7 ton, its around the 300 euro mark for a 3.5 ton motorhome, which is the new starting point for a HGV.
also in 2010 italian drivers will face an 800 euro on the spot fine if their car etc dated before 1997 gives out more co2 gases then it should.
france is starting to bring in road tax, at the moment its for engines that product more then 250g of co2, but its just the start of things to come for sure.
keeping with france motorhome drivers of larger vans then 3.5 ton and over the age of 65 face new medical exams each year and higher insurance.
I think that when my old hymer is done to death I along with a lot of others will be packing it in.
terry

Who would want to go to London anyway:eek:
Much better places:D but I do feel very sorry for the people that own motorhomes and live within the M25:(
I think it is well out of order what they have done to motorhome owners within this area and I think they should be exempt,:) not me & you that don't live there but the guys that do live there:)

exempt.....exempt ha no such thing nowadays, if anyone noticed i put a post on concerning the tax exempt historic vehicle rule.(may not concern a lot of new van owners ) but according to some classic owners clubs the government are about to scrap the free tax disc on pre january 1973 motors, i wonder how long the rules on vehicles that are taxed on engine size and not co emissions will last. or will they just say they are too polluting and lump them in with the highest tax band . another way to get the poorest drivers off the road and also the classic car owners ,that is except for the top end such as old rollers and the like .

odd things going on

Hi, just had the new V5 for our smart, its as a lot more info on it then before,
weight, co2 emissions for 3 gases, towing weight, max trailer weight,
I think that taking into account what I have picked up from other country's re their new taxes starting in 2010, that we in the UK are going to see some big tax rises, based not just on the co2 or engine size of the car etc.

terry

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back