Lockdown mileage

was surprised when i went for my mot that i had still done my average 10000 mls the realised it was an 18months period, i had been portugal twice and a fortnight in scotland still in portugal when first lockdown occurred ridiculous that all this crap is in less than 11months old

Chatting with the mechanic this morning he was telling me he has just done the mot on a motorhome that had done 13 miles so I checked my new mot and despite lockdown I somehow managed 6.026 mile from March the 6th 2020 to March the 3rd 2021 my yearly average is around 10.000 so I’ve managed more than half so what’s your lockdown mileage.
4500 Feb to October.

Done just over 9000 since MOT last July. Only about 100 in car.

Still, had benefits of camper yesterday. Took mate down to Essex so he could take his mum to A&E, thought I'd wait as not exactly busy at moment. Only one allowed in with patient, so turned the heating on, put the kettle on, had a wee nap, went for a little walk, came back, another tea and nap, repeated for 6 hours :LOL:
Was almost as good as a holiday, love being in my van.

The last MOT was on the 25th of July 2019, the mileage we have done since then is 1,166 miles, approximately 1.9 miles per day:cry:

What about car mileage, we never do much as we are away in the van for long trips
We purchased our car new in March 2010 and 11 years later it has only 23K miles on the clock.
Much of that was when we have been chasing around for motorhomes

Same here.
Just sold my 3 year old ‘up’ with 5k on the clock and bought a Hyundai Tucson.
Apart from visiting Tesco’s and the occasional hospital / doctors appointment the car never moves. I would be be better off using a taxi but like the convenience of having the car available when I need it.

Sold my car a couple of weeks ago the van is now my car I think the extra fuel costs of the van will be offset with the savings I make on not having the car and I love having a portable toilet and kettle wherever we go even a run to Asda feels like a day out so I expect the mileage to go up a bit now

About 300 miles since July, and 60 miles of that was to and from the MOT centre! All the events we normally use the moho for were cancelled last year and so we only got in a couple of stays at a local campsite! :(

We have a few miles on the clock.

We set off last March for a skiing holiday in Spain, to stay with a friend in her flat. On the meander through France we got a phone call from the restaurant we'd booked for a birthday meal. They were closing for the rest of the season.

The next day we found the ski station was closing. Never mind, we thought, we have a pair of curling stones to pick up near Carcassonne. (It's a long story.) We'll keep going. We can go walking in Spain even if we can't ski.

Then the Spanish closed the borders.

We picked up the curling stones. That night we went out for a meal in a nice village and discussed our options. We decided we'd return to the UK slowly, having a nice meander and enjoying local restaurants. When we got back to the camper we discovered that every restaurant in France was closing at midnight. A bit brutal, we thought. The staff where we'd eaten were obviously unaware of what was happening.

So we drove from the Pyrenees to the channel in one long hard day. P&O let us on, though our ticket was for a crossing two weeks later.

We drove a couple of thousand miles for a skiing trip to Spain that involved neither skiing nor Spain. And we spent the next several weeks screaming at the telly to just lock down, don't give folk the chance of one last pint in the pub. Just do it.

Since then we've been for three nights to Kintyre, and a few short drives in the local area to make sure everything still works.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back