Loch Lomond

saxonrosie

Free Member
Just read this today. IMG_0686.jpg

I can read your first post no problem. I spent Friday at the top end near crainlarich and spoke to a couple of park rangers they were saying that this will be hard for them to police as they don't have the staff so he was saying they might use a private company to give out the fines bit of a farce was his exact words. But at least it's not a total ban and may be workable with a few tweaks. And get rid of the vans that park up the loch shore for 3 or 4 months on the same spot

I think I read somewhere that last year there was a total ban on wild camping in that area. I wonder why they are now trying to encourage at least 20 a day wild campers? @ £3 with 214 days available.
Maybe someone in the parks department have realised that the local economy will benefit from such intrusion
Everybody but them new that already

Does not apply to us as we have motorcaravans,not campervans,any good legal eagle will rip it to bits.

no problem reading the OP.
the main issue is ridding the east coast of the Glasgow yobs
who despoil the area. (also 1 or 2 laybys on the west).
if you're looking to climb Ben Lomond..... I'd suggest heading to Loch Ard,
rather than Rowardenan.
if you must park up on the east coast, Milarrochy C & CC site is your best bet.
best spot for Loch Lomond... IMHO....is to get off the A82 just past the Balloch exit,
take a right at the Duck Bay Marina exit , keep left, passed the Marina... what was the old Luss road.
over the wee humped back bridge... park up anywhere on the right.
best view of Loch Lomond....police & ranger patrolled....kids play area & picnic tables.
never had a problem here these past 25 years.
if they start charging me £3 a night in future.......
I've got a disability badge .....& I know how to use it !!!!

I have very little sense ,do i get a badge.:dance:All this just to get a parking spot.

Does not apply to us as we have motorcaravans,not campervans,any good legal eagle will rip it to bits.

Doesnt the actual law as far as 'wild camping' in Scotland actually only cover tents and sleeping in cars anyway??

Frankly I'm not bothered anyway...
won't catch me parked up in a spot with heaps of others anyway ;-)

I have seen the problems around Loch Lomond with long time residents in some laybys and others lighting fires and gathering in numbers. However I do not agree that this is the correct solution.
Elsewhere I have read that the legislation may prove to be impossible to enforce in that whilst the ban applies to land, parts of the road such as laybys are beyond the remit of the national park.

Doesnt the actual law as far as 'wild camping' in Scotland actually only cover tents and sleeping in cars anyway??

Frankly I'm not bothered anyway...
won't catch me parked up in a spot with heaps of others anyway ;-)

Think this national park status has went to there heads. Spoiling it for the the working guy if you own a Range Rover shotgun and wear tweed jacket they'll let you do as you please. But think there making it up as they go along. If there so keen on nature why o why are flamingo land building a massive theme park and massive caravan site right in the middle of balloch....bonkers

Think this national park status has went to there heads. Spoiling it for the the working guy if you own a Range Rover shotgun and wear tweed jacket they'll let you do as you please. But think there making it up as they go along. If there so keen on nature why o why are flamingo land building a massive theme park and massive caravan site right in the middle of balloch....bonkers

It's just a victim of its own popularity in fairness.... as soon as folks start to take things as a given and you end up with large groups (and the problems that brings) of course it's going to ring alarm bells....

When camping let alone wild camping was a minority pass time (and folks were to be encouraged out into the wild away from the perils of deep fried Mars bars etc.... it probably seemed like a good idea....
fast forward a few years to the invention of T'interweb and motorhoming taking off.... with 'some' folks thinking they have the golden key to the executive **** house

and you can see the results in many places.... sadly

To be quite honest I avoid Loch Lomond there is bumper to bumper M/h (and caravans) along quite a length of A82, I get the impression that some are there for the season, in my view its an abuse.

Almost as bad is the A85 along Loch Earn

To be quite honest I avoid Loch Lomond there is bumper to bumper M/h (and caravans) along quite a length of A82, I get the impression that some are there for the season, in my view its an abuse.

Almost as bad is the A85 along Loch Earn

Sorry but I have to agree with you it's a damn shame as the scenery is fab.

Sorry but I have to agree with you it's a damn shame as the scenery is fab.

That's great keep it coming. At this rate I might get home from work before 7 on a Friday if I can put a couple more off coming up A82 places crawling wei Auld codgers drivin hymers at 30mph looking fur places to park.😜

Here's a bit about how it may well prove to be unenforcable in most places motorhomes stop.
Campervans and the camping byelaws: lies, incompetence and why none of this will work - parkswatchscotland

Don't think they know what there doing £500 fines nobody's going to pay that courts will be full of campers fighting this. £30 or £60 fine a lot of people just pay up cos it's cheaper than going to court to fight but £500 who gives them the right to set these fines so high it's a joke

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back