Loch Katrine aire officially open

I'd post some piccys but can't from phone. Incredibly helpful staff. The guy Stuart who did our Elleccy had heard of WC 🖒

I'd post some piccys but can't from phone. Incredibly helpful staff. The guy Stuart who did our Elleccy had heard of WC 🖒

Yeah I'm n talks and discussions with the md but he is on holiday just now,hope to meet up with him next weekend

Gulp £10 onight no facilities. £18 showers, toilet, eleccy, indivual water Wi-Fi & a world of midgies. At EDI airport now can't do lat long easy. Can Mr Laird oblige please ?

Gulp £10 onight no facilities. £18 showers, toilet, eleccy, indivual water Wi-Fi & a world of midgies. At EDI airport now can't do lat long easy. Can Mr Laird oblige please ?

? Lat long easy

1st Scottish aire

Hi , just spent 6 wks touring Scotland we stayed on C & C sites for less with full facilities.we won't be staying there!! Plenty of cheap or free places to stay. Also we were told as a member of C & C club we could pitch for 3hrs to fill up water empty toilet have shower and do your washing for around 7 quid , all you do is ring a site in advance. We used it.

Cheaper than Bruges aires for same ... actually more. OK locations have their obvious differences but all the facilities and no no downsides. Location and ferry and walks are terrific.

18 bangers to get the hole chewed off ye by deranged midgies, and endless places to wildcamp, not for me. Wildcamping is wildcamping. Fair play to the members who have been to the fore in this and I know your efforts will be appreciated.
seamus

Cant understand why in Scotland they are using the French term aire ,do they think more people will use it ? Why not motorhome/campervan parking Think the £18 will put most off , don't know the location and hope it does take off but lots of negatives already.

Cant understand why in Scotland they are using the French term aire ,do they think more people will use it ? Why not motorhome/campervan parking Think the £18 will put most off , don't know the location and hope it does take off but lots of negatives already.

Probably because that's what it is. Universally recognised in the same way as Croissant isn't "Fluffy light buttery pastry bread thing " in English/Scottish.

Last edited:
As the "ABBA" song goes

Money Money Money.

We like to wildcamp but are quite happy to pay occasionally.

At the moment in ROI
Several "camperstops" usually 10 euros for Water Sewage and Grey water..fair price especially if a good location and nice pitches.
An extra 5euros for EHU is too much
EHU is handy sometimes and happy to pay say 3euros/£

I think the owners are "shooting themselves in the wheel" by overpricing EHU
Clearly they have made a significant investment especially re EHU .......surely better to get £3 or 3Euro from more people.

The same goes for C&CC certified sites or Ex caravan club Listed sites

As per poundland..
I dont want one person to give me £1,000,000
Quite happy if 1,000,000 each give me £1

All donations to ???????

To expensive unless 2 or more occupants and you need ehu.
I travel on my own since my wife died and have just booked Inverewe Gardens C&CC for 2 nights in August. They charge by person and it has cost me the grand total of £9.48 for 2 nights, grass pitch without ehu as I don't require it.
There is a promotion on at present, 30% reduction for grass pitches at certain club sites.

Probably because that's what it is. Universally recognised in the same way as Croissant isn't "Fluffy light buttery pastry bread thing " in English/Scottish.

Germany --Stellpatz
Spain-- camperpark
belgium-- rv parks
holland ---motorhomeparks
portugal-- motorhomepark

They Should call it a Campsite thats what it is their just using Aire as a advertising word because a lot of people want aires I've always said if we get aires in UK that they'll be at campsite prices and be campsites

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back