Location APP ! Come on Peeps do your bit !

jagmanx

I notice that so far there are few reviews posted on the location app.
Most of us have time on our hands so I ask that all consider posting a review of places they have overnighted at or places that they know well enough.
----------------------------------------------------------
Northern is sparesely populated and ROI even worse.
Provided ROI is intendended for use I will shortly post up the few places we have stayed (in ROI So Phil please comment on ROI)

The problem is not many of us have been on the road for months. To write a review of somewhere could be a bit of problem because a barrier may have gone up or a housing estate built on it since we were there. Come the glorious 12th (April in this case) things might get more active.

Some stats from Phil might be interesting - how many POIs have reviews, maybe a league table of number of reviews posted by forum members.

I notice that so far there are few reviews posted on the location app.
Most of us have time on our hands so I ask that all consider posting a review of places they have overnighted at or places that they know well enough.
----------------------------------------------------------
Northern is sparesely populated and ROI even worse.
Provided ROI is intendended for use I will shortly post up the few places we have stayed (in ROI So Phil please comment on ROI)
Phil has indicated on a few occasions that ROI (and the North) is intended for use. For example, see https://wildcamping.co.uk/threads/is-it-worth-becoming-a-full-member.36396/post-1123916

On the old system I always downloaded the POI updates and it told me they were loaded. Even having read the instructions it looks as though you can download the updates for Maps.me but how do you get them onto the Wildcamping App. I can see nothing which lets me update the POI,s on the app directly and when you look at the app I can see no way of it letting me know it is the latest update. Does the App update POI’s automatically? Read through some of the instructions but can’t see anything about updating, only using the app.

Ah just found the notes on the App instructions that it updates automatically, it was not obvious (to me....) from the POI instructions that this was the case. Time for a cup of tea.....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back