Lifepo4 charger

Nabsim

Been looking around for suitable chargers for lithium that aren’t too expensive (almost impossible though depending on budget lol).

I know we have a good few Victron users on here so wanted to see what their opinions on two chargers suitability are as they are a good chunk cheaper than Votronic I normally go for.

I am looking at chargers that would be suitable for Lifepo4 and budget of less than £200, (would have liked £100 but not found anything so far). The two Victron units that look like they may do the job are:
Blue Smart IP22 12v 30amp

Waterproof 12v 25amp

I know the second one above is only 25amps but it says it an work as a power supply. Whatever is chosen will be used in place of any onboard charger so not certain if that affects the choice between them. The charger needs to be able to run from a 1Kw genny if necessary so I think 30amp is about the top without hammering the genny.

if you know of any other brand that would meet the spec with a proper Lifepo4 profile or ability to set up custom user profile can you post where I can look at them and what they are also please. I am not interested in unknown/knock off brands and Mastervault is out of budget :)

Been looking around for suitable chargers for lithium that aren’t too expensive (almost impossible though depending on budget lol).

I know we have a good few Victron users on here so wanted to see what their opinions on two chargers suitability are as they are a good chunk cheaper than Votronic I normally go for.

I am looking at chargers that would be suitable for Lifepo4 and budget of less than £200, (would have liked £100 but not found anything so far). The two Victron units that look like they may do the job are:
Blue Smart IP22 12v 30amp

Waterproof 12v 25amp

I know the second one above is only 25amps but it says it an work as a power supply. Whatever is chosen will be used in place of any onboard charger so not certain if that affects the choice between them. The charger needs to be able to run from a 1Kw genny if necessary so I think 30amp is about the top without hammering the genny.

if you know of any other brand that would meet the spec with a proper Lifepo4 profile or ability to set up custom user profile can you post where I can look at them and what they are also please. I am not interested in unknown/knock off brands and Mastervault is out of budget :)

Is the maximum charge voltage 14.4 volts ? The you already have a suitable charger :)

Is the maximum charge voltage 14.4 volts ? The you already have a suitable charger :)
Anywhere 14.3 to 14.6 is fine but would like a Lifepo4 profile rather than Gel which it’s using now

plus it’s a big difference from 16amp max to 30amp

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back