Lidl crimping tool and Accessories £6.99

You may well think I am being pedantic, but I can assure you it is worthwhile seeking out these, not necessarily from RS components, but personally I will probably bin the Lidl ones and stick to the good ones. When you do crimp a wire, do give it a good tug afterwards to check it's properly crimped otherwise you will end up with Sargent Electrics quality of work which will engage you for many hours trying to find the fault.

Been sorting out my sheds ... I wonder how much this Crimping Set from RS cost around 40 years ago when I first got it and what that would be in todays money?

IMG_20240406_125133_949
by David, on Flickr

Before China took over the world with cheap tools, we used to have decent kit in our toolkits. Still got the RS Tape Measure and the set of RS Screwdrivers as well as the Fluke multimeter.
But to be fair, the Crimper is not made in England ... the label on the back says "Foreign" (I would guess if it had a country named, it would probably be "ROC" (Taiwan)) - but still works fine. Used it for both Stripping and Crimping extensively until about 8 years ago.

I do think that a plasma cutter is a bit excessive, there must be other cheaper tools to get to a woman's heart ❤️
Just saying, I don't condone violence in any form.😁😉
I'm not sure how it would work with flesh and bone. I'll let you know if it all goes wrong, not used it yet.

• Funny
Reactions: Lee

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:200)

Robmac, Tonybvi, Greengrass, barryd, DTF, runnach, ozzy1955, denmar, roadroamer, Alun100, Bigshug, saxonborg, n brown, RichardHelen262, ewen, alcam, pamjon, The laird, ajb70, andyjanet, Fazerloz, AdriaTwin, 1 Cup, V1nny, BigAldo, Beldea, ironman, Heppy, TeamRienza, trevskoda, pj650, maingate, noah and nelly, davep10000, wildebus, Pudsey Bear, oppy, Scotia, Owen M, Topmast, zzr1400tim, myvanwy, Makzine, bobemmo29, korky, jacquigem, guerdeval, Sharon the Cat, Nesting Zombie, st3v3, Glandwr, Budgie, belbri, jann, shortcircuit, 1807truckman, Jo001, Charlynch, kevlakes, Dezi, Cass, flying kipper, Reevsie, NSY, Monkeybrand, aross, The Jacks, chrishunter, Ian and Cath, stonedaddy, hmssnake, Twithooks, Canalsman, exwindsurfer, Mr Pastry, AllanD, Drover, CyderT1N, Tezza33, Mobilvetta, Alberto, gypo, linkshouse, Jmick, IanJ, clarkpeacock, hamsterberg27, shaunr68, ricc, Thistle, ChrisInNotts, izwozral, Neckender, number14, katv, Doigy, Ali-lou, Tim120, vwalan, Andys, Steve and Julie, Curly, VandA, Ted, polo99, GinaRon, Wandering scots, Bouydog, Martin P, WingNut, GWAYGWAY, RegnVal, ton27, tobym, gasgas, mark61, amcjam, 2cv, winks, cooperman, Mossystone, mariesnowgoose, Benylin, peejay, SimonM, alwaysared, Gadabout2, r4dent, campervanannie, hellofriend, SquirrellCook, jeanette, Wheelie, Okta, BOTCANU, CHAIRMAN, adriandp, Servo, Val54, rugbyken, colinm, kingfisher1, Irishroaming, Rond, molly 2, Wully, GMJ, Andysm, Tartarus, alan1958, Livotlout, RayM, trixie88, MartinFife, JQB, TissyD, Murgzie, Lee, adriahome, Herman, 5andy, smg, scampa, harrow, JVG, yeoblade, merl, Winger, Linca, campnomad, Bheinn, bmc, Munroz, jack the dog, tribute11, RSD7a, Red Kev, Moonraker 2, wints, Wooie1958, jimmybanks41, hayhiker, paulhelenwilko, Del668, MJK, davef, groyne, Squeegee, Rumour, wrp, Moocher, bjh, rambrose, Patandtubs, Nomad Nelly, bellars, Iomramh, Bazza1509, Jiwawa, gazwarrior,
Back